Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heavy cosplayers CAN cosplay!

Yeah! 0.73190348525469 73.2% [ 819 ]
No! 0.082216264521895 8.2% [ 92 ]
COOKIES! 0.18588025022341 18.6% [ 208 ]
Total Votes:[ 1119 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 68 69 70 > >>
Wow! Her Sailor Neptune ranks aomung one of the best I have seen! And until you posted this I have never EVER seen a heavier cosplayer do a good job with a Sailor Scout! Awesome! 4laugh
Righteous_Ruin
Sephiroths samurai girl
I'm spazzing so much since last night. I saw an image of the new Shiva from Revenant Wings and she's so cute! But she's wearing a bloody bikini! Aside from the tops of my legs I'm not too overly conscious about wearing it just for a shoot or something (just no to a con!). I was considering a body suit what with it being winter soon anyway but I hate that you can always see the lines from material to skin. Tights were another option that I'm currently prefering. I can deal with my stomach on show and the top of my arms would be covered by her little fur thing so that'll be fine.
I'm just not sure what others would think? If I were to wear it out it'd only be to a club night hosted by the local anime club who I all know, I kind of think of it as; well I'd go swimming with these people with just as much on show so why not? But I'm just not sure.

A body suits is always a good idea, even if you are thinner. If nothing else, so that a boob doesn't pop out and so that you don't freeze. Also, some body suits, if posed with correctly can smooth out unsightly pudge. I would say a good example would be the Shiva from Final Fantasy X I posted on the first page. She also drew away a lot of attention from her body with the fantastic job she did with her hair. That's somethign else to keep in mind.

Oh god I'd die if anything popped out! I'm looking at modding a zentai suit somehow as it's the only thing to fully cover the leg and not stop part way.
I really love FFX Shiva but the top would just be impossible for me (and my damn Gcups) to do without changing it. T.T I would really love to do the hair still though, also her VIII hair so I can really play with some heavy duty gel.
I know that I can get her hair perfect for the RW version:
http://www.ffcompendium.com/EspMon/shiva-12rw-a.jpg
Not to mention the little blue cape and props.
Sephiroths samurai girl
Righteous_Ruin
Sephiroths samurai girl
I'm spazzing so much since last night. I saw an image of the new Shiva from Revenant Wings and she's so cute! But she's wearing a bloody bikini! Aside from the tops of my legs I'm not too overly conscious about wearing it just for a shoot or something (just no to a con!). I was considering a body suit what with it being winter soon anyway but I hate that you can always see the lines from material to skin. Tights were another option that I'm currently prefering. I can deal with my stomach on show and the top of my arms would be covered by her little fur thing so that'll be fine.
I'm just not sure what others would think? If I were to wear it out it'd only be to a club night hosted by the local anime club who I all know, I kind of think of it as; well I'd go swimming with these people with just as much on show so why not? But I'm just not sure.

A body suits is always a good idea, even if you are thinner. If nothing else, so that a boob doesn't pop out and so that you don't freeze. Also, some body suits, if posed with correctly can smooth out unsightly pudge. I would say a good example would be the Shiva from Final Fantasy X I posted on the first page. She also drew away a lot of attention from her body with the fantastic job she did with her hair. That's somethign else to keep in mind.

Oh god I'd die if anything popped out! I'm looking at modding a zentai suit somehow as it's the only thing to fully cover the leg and not stop part way.
I really love FFX Shiva but the top would just be impossible for me (and my damn Gcups) to do without changing it. T.T I would really love to do the hair still though, also her VIII hair so I can really play with some heavy duty gel.

A sentai suit is a good idea! I wish you luck with that.

I'm going to be doing Vaati from Legend of Zelda Minish Cap.
Righteous_Ruin
Sephiroths samurai girl
Righteous_Ruin
Sephiroths samurai girl

Zomg so cute! You have to post pictures when you've done it!

X3 I've now got my male Shiva (Shivar) too, even though it means a wig and shaving his chest. >< (He's pretty amused with saying the name)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dangerous Hunter

8,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Imma heavy cosplayer >_< but I haven't let that stop me! I've attempted Tifa from Final Fantasy Advent Children for example! My current cosplay in process is Itachi of Naruto. biggrin

I only have an Itachi picture >_o i'll look around for my Tifa one razz

User Image
Sephiroths samurai girl
Righteous_Ruin
Sephiroths samurai girl
Righteous_Ruin
Sephiroths samurai girl

Zomg so cute! You have to post pictures when you've done it!

X3 I've now got my male Shiva (Shivar) too, even though it means a wig and shaving his chest. >< (He's pretty amused with saying the name)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Awesome! I'd love to see it!

I will post Vaati when I can.

@ eMo: I'm doing a femme Itachi for a cosplay tournament XD.
Righteous_Ruin
Wow! Her Sailor Neptune ranks aomung one of the best I have seen! And until you posted this I have never EVER seen a heavier cosplayer do a good job with a Sailor Scout! Awesome! 4laugh

I know, right?? I know Bunny in real life, and she has very wide hips, but she made the costume so she could hide that feature she has and she pulled it off so nicely :3. It's really hard to find a heavier cosplayer pull off a sailor scout well, so I'm glad she could do something so well :3
DawnieMewMew
Righteous_Ruin

I know, right?? I know Bunny in real life, and she has very wide hips, but she made the costume so she could hide that feature she has and she pulled it off so nicely :3. It's really hard to find a heavier cosplayer pull off a sailor scout well, so I'm glad she could do something so well :3

As am I! That's really impressive seeing as heavier cosplayers in Sailor Scout outfits is one of the things usually hit upon and picked on.
-waves hand enthusiastically-

I'm a slightly overweight cosplayer, and it doesn't stop me! My best friend (and cosplay buddy) and I both agree that weight doesn't matter, so long as you put time and effort in, and you enjoy yourself. : )

Picking costumes flattering to your body's also helpful; I know that I have a stomach and terrible thighs, so I don't choose characters/costumes that are designed to accentuate that fact. ^^

And I guess I'll conform and post a picture, lol!

Unfortunately, the only recent one I can find is in half-finished Sir Crocodile crossplay...

Ignore the hook and bad wig; they're still to be painted/styled. ^^'

http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii87/mitten_kitten/?action=view&current=DSCN0860.jpg

(didn't want to stretch the page with my horrible unstyled wig and unpainted hook...)

Hehe, as the picture might tell you, I'm open to cos/crossplay and wearing wigs, and I love characters with large props that I can make. X3
mittenkitten
-waves hand enthusiastically-

I'm a slightly overweight cosplayer, and it doesn't stop me! My best friend (and cosplay buddy) and I both agree that weight doesn't matter, so long as you put time and effort in, and you enjoy yourself. : )

Picking costumes flattering to your body's also helpful; I know that I have a stomach and terrible thighs, so I don't choose characters/costumes that are designed to accentuate that fact. ^^

And I guess I'll conform and post a picture, lol!

Unfortunately, the only recent one I can find is in half-finished Sir Crocodile crossplay...

Ignore the hook and bad wig; they're still to be painted/styled. ^^'

http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii87/mitten_kitten/?action=view&current=DSCN0860.jpg

(didn't want to stretch the page with my horrible unstyled wig and unpainted hook...)

Hehe, as the picture might tell you, I'm open to cos/crossplay and wearing wigs, and I love characters with large props that I can make. X3

The hook looks fantastic! You'll have to post pictures when it's all done!
I'ma post up some chaarcters for people to consider while cosplaying. Just to give out a few ideas. Here's on looking Dark and Sexy for girls!

Good idea:

User Image

Lulu from Final Fantasy X

Her costume is essentially very covered up. It also has a corsette good for pulling in that inch you can pinch and showing off some extra clevage. The massive amounts of details in everything, from hair to the belts, to the lace and everythign that goes with it also draws away from fat, while the overall design pulls you in to the deep, dark, sexy and curvy look.

Try to avoid:

User Image

Etna from Disgaea 2

Costumes like these don't offer very much fabric, if any at all, in the places where it's most nessecary to hide those unsightly parts of our figures. As it's seen in the picture and as it can be logically understood, this is probably a costume best suited to a very thin cosplay without very many curves. Even you are thinner, if you have curves you'd constantly have to be scared of somethign popping out!
I've been wanting to be Lulu for a while, I just can't make the dress myself yet and I can't afford buying it...
Personally I really agree that Lulu is prime material for overweight/chubby females or at least a female with a good shape to them. Tsunade from Naruto is a good choice. Matsumoto from Bleach. Card Captor Sakura does have a few cosplay options that are doable and don't make the body unflattering. Tomoyo's princess costume (the medieval one that's like a robe) is also an excellent choice, it's long and billowy so really no one can see too much of your shape.

Bodyshapers work wonders too. Some aren't as uncomfortable as people thing, but all I can say is if you get the ones that snap between the legs be careful, one wrong move and you're in for an OUCH! moment.

x3 And I just died seeing that Sailor Neptune cosplay. Since I was a little girl I always wanted to have a Sailor Moon outfit but now that I'm older and capable of getting my hands on one I just do not have the guts to put myself in it.
Now for the guys! On the sexy villain.

Good Idea:

User Image

Naraku from Inuyasha

You get all the good looks of being a good looking villain with the added bonus of how complex the costume is. This costume is not only rarely done, but the amount of detail put into it and just the shear size of the armor and the tails is so impressive, you will be hard to ignore and not for any bad reasons either.

Try to Avoid:

User Image

Vyers from Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

Unless the chaarcter you are cosplaying is chubby, going shirtless as a character to a convention is not a good idea. What clothing Vyers does wear is also very fitted, giving you very little room for adjustment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff