Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heavy cosplayers CAN cosplay!

Yeah! 0.73190348525469 73.2% [ 819 ]
No! 0.082216264521895 8.2% [ 92 ]
COOKIES! 0.18588025022341 18.6% [ 208 ]
Total Votes:[ 1119 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 68 69 70 > >>
I seem to get the feeling that there is a lot of hate on heavy cosplayers around here.

When people think heavy cosplayers they think about the girl with more rolls than a swiss bakery squeezing into an Etna from Disgaea cosplay as the fabric screams for mercy. While that is the case sometimes, that's not always the case.

There are some heavy cosplays that are actually very nice, conservative, and overall well made to the point of being called amazing. Not everyone can be skinny and skimpy with what they wear, but then again not every anime character is like that either. Some characters like Choji (Naruto), Pence (Kingdom Hearts), Po (Kung Fu Panda) aren't meant to be skinny at all. A lot of their charm comes from their chub.

Also, some characters while not chubby themselves have wonderful costumes that are in fact more conservative like Ginji (Getbackers), Shigure (Fruits basket), The Great Saiyaman (Dragon Ball Z) where you can get away with being heavy because a costume made well like that will take away fromt hat fact and look very presentable.

This is a thread to post pictures and comments about those heavy cosplayrs that went the extra mile and actually look good. There are a few rules in the thread however.

RULES!
1. Follow Gaia Terms of Service, please.
2. If you don't have something nice or constructive to say, then don't say anything at all.
3. The point of this thread is to post good heavy cosplays, not bash on heavy cosplayers by posting bad ones left and right.
4. Try not to pose the thinner cosplayers, there are a lot of threads already for that.
5. Do not flame, troll, or any of that wonderful stuff in my thread. It won't be tolerated and it will be reported.
6. Try to avoid chat speak, typos, and 1337, I would like to understand what on earth you're trying to tell me.
7.Try to stay on topic.

Black list:
Proud Asian and his many user names- Trolling and general racism
shugo etowa-ru - Trolling and not following the rules of the thread
XE-Xiaoemox3-Typing in chatspeak and general rudeness
dxcarmichael- Constant off topic random spamming.

To add to the festivities of the thread, I have just instated a new cosplay guild. Interested, click below to find out!
Underdogs of Cosplay!
Here's some pictures. I realize I posted these in another thread, but I thought it would be a good starting point....

Inuyasha-Inuyasha
User Image

Catrina-Trinity Blood
User Image

Ganandorf(and some gerudo)- Legend of Zelda
User Image

Toph Bei Fong- Avatar: The Last Airbender
User Image

Lulu and Shiva- Final Fantasy X
User Image

Yuna- Final Fantasy X
User Image

Pence- Kingdom Hearts II
User Image

Mario- Super Mario Brothers
User Image

Shiva (close up)- Final Fantasy X
User Image

I'll post more as I go finding more! This tpoic is open for discussion and pic posting!
Sorry, I don't have any pictures, but I want to comment.
I think that as long as the costume is good, it shouldn't really matter how big or how small someone is. Any body that says different probably isn't good at cosplaying themselves so they have to come up with reasons why they are better than at least one person. I remember at the AnimeNEXT con I went to, there was this quite big guy, but he had THE most amazing Princess Peach cosplay I have EVER seen. He was probably the most loved cosplay in my group. Too bad I didn't get any pictures... he was AWSOME!

Sparkly Hunter

6,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
I think this was done extremely well.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I don't get HOW I missed her at Anime Boston though. DD:
These are all so pretty.

I don't think they're heavy though, they just look like nice people :3
The best Lulu from Final Fantasy I have ever met was twice my size, and I'm the Inuyasah int he first picture, so she was quite big, but she made her costume herself using real leather. I was so impressed and jealous!
Albert McFinigan
These are all so pretty.

I don't think they're heavy though, they just look like nice people :3

They don't look heavy by normal standards, but in a lot of conventions (And I know some of those people that I posted personally) they get made fun of for being heavy. To me they don't look heavy, they look healthy, but I have seen cosplayers much more chubby than the ones I have posted thus far, and well, lemme tell you, Camera angles and Lighting are you friend. Tricks of the camera can slime you down a lot, but besides that, I think in a cosplay the effort and work put into a costume should matter more than a person's size.

Eloquent Player

That Caterina always makes me jealous... I want that dress so badly.

Maybe not the greatest fabric choice, but considering that this is the only real reference for the dress available, it's pretty darn good.
Resident Pyromaniac
That Caterina always makes me jealous... I want that dress so badly.

Maybe not the greatest fabric choice, but considering that this is the only real reference for the dress available, it's pretty darn good.

Yeah, I agree, not the best choice of fabric, butt he dress is very pretty and very well made. ^-^
A few more pictures!

Solid Snake- Metal Gear Solid
User Image

A close up that Snake
User Image

Link- Legend of Zelda (this guys one of my best friends ^-^)
User Image

A Ghostbuster- Ghostbusters
User Image

Axel-Kingdom Hearts II (I WANT THAT WIG! Or her wig styling skills, whatever)
User Image

You show me a skinny Tsunade, and I'll show you a Tsunade with accuracy issues in the boobie department.
Resident Pyromaniac

You show me a skinny Tsunade, and I'll show you a Tsunade with accuracy issues in the boobie department.

Wow! she's a great Tsunade!
Righteous_Ruin
ResidentPyromaniac
[picture goes here]

I know, right?! I'd never have the guts to do that.

Edit: urgh, code mess-ups.
Resident Pyromaniac
Righteous_Ruin
ResidentPyromaniac
[picture goes here]

I know, right?! I'd never have the guts to do that.

Edit: urgh, code mess-ups.

That person would do a great Matsumoto blaugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff