Welcome to Gaia! ::

IRL Gekko

EDIT: I've decided to update the first page as I get more tips on the ones I think will be most effective.

So, I've decided to cosplay as one of my favorite characters to my favorite game, which happens to be Fragile Dreams. Only problem is, I have absolutely no clue how to make it.
I'm hoping to go as the merchant. Here's a pic:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I think I've already got the suit and stuff down pat on how I want to go about getting that, thrift store, and lots of fun outside. smile

However, I don't have a clue on how to make the chicken head. I figure I can omit the glowing light, but should I use paper mache? Or should I go about it a different way?

Some things I'm trying to consider is
~Sight: Make sure the hole where the beak/bill is big enough so I can see out of it. I'll still need a handler, but it'll make me a bit more comfortable.
~Being able to breathe: Battery-powered fans, and if I can find them, big floppy icepacks to stay cool. Making the beak/bill shorter should I need to use my inhaler so that I know for sure I can use it.
~It being light: Uh...? Not sure on this one yet. >.<
~Being fairly cheap:

So...any suggestions?

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
I can't say I know of a material to help you make it, but I can give a suggestion about sight and breathing. If you want, you can make his mouth open, like it is in the picture, and make a giant opening there like a real mouth. That can be where your face is visible so you can see and breathe. People won't care if your actual face is showing, after all, everyone will know who you are! And you won't be dying from lack of air XD

IRL Gekko

Ithlia
I can't say I know of a material to help you make it, but I can give a suggestion about sight and breathing. If you want, you can make his mouth open, like it is in the picture, and make a giant opening there like a real mouth. That can be where your face is visible so you can see and breathe. People won't care if your actual face is showing, after all, everyone will know who you are! And you won't be dying from lack of air XD

Alright. Let's hope I get the hole big enough then. @.@ For the past 2-3 cons I've been to, I've had to go home early because of breathing issues. So I'm hoping to get it right this time around.

Oh, another thing I'm slightly concerned about, should I need it, I'm worried I wouldn't be able to get my inhaler to my mouth, should I just make the beak a bit shorter to accommodate that?

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Sayania
Ithlia

Alright. Let's hope I get the hole big enough then. @.@ For the past 2-3 cons I've been to, I've had to go home early because of breathing issues. So I'm hoping to get it right this time around.

Oh, another thing I'm slightly concerned about, should I need it, I'm worried I wouldn't be able to get my inhaler to my mouth, should I just make the beak a bit shorter to accommodate that?

I would. Don't risk your health because of a cosplay. If someone makes a big deal about the beak being too short, explain to them why and they will understand smile Or, if you don't want to do that...bring some friends who can work your inhaler for you smile

IRL Gekko

Ithlia
Sayania
Ithlia

I would. Don't risk your health because of a cosplay. If someone makes a big deal about the beak being too short, explain to them why and they will understand smile Or, if you don't want to do that...bring some friends who can work your inhaler for you smile

I'd rather me safe than sorry. 3nodding I'll just make the beak shorter and have to explain it should someone think it's an issue.

Thanks for the help.

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Sayania
Ithlia
Sayania
Ithlia

I'd rather me safe than sorry. 3nodding I'll just make the beak shorter and have to explain it should someone think it's an issue.

Thanks for the help.

Not a problem smile I hope all goes well for you!

IRL Gekko

Thanks. Let's hope I can pull this off!

IRL Gekko

I'm still open to any more tips people have. ^.^

IRL Gekko

So...still looking for help on how to actually construct the head. I'm really questioning if I should use chicken wire and paper mache for fear that it'll be too heavy for me.

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I greatly approve of this cosplay! *thumbs up*
I look forward to seeing more Fragile Dreams cosplayers because that game needs more love o3o
I'm sorry that I can't give you any advise on making this but I wish you the best of luck :'D
I saw a girl who wore a fursuit in ungodly hot weather... But to keep cool, she had those long floppy ice packs around her neck and down in the arms.
Hopefully that helps for keeping cool. D:

IRL Gekko

l Kah Gash l
I saw a girl who wore a fursuit in ungodly hot weather... But to keep cool, she had those long floppy ice packs around her neck and down in the arms.
Hopefully that helps for keeping cool. D:

I see...well, I figured that since the head would give me enough room for it, I'd just have these cheap battery-powered fans in there and just carry around a lot of batteries.

@Sarhin: smile I just loved the merchant too much to pass it up. I decided on him close to the beginning, which was probably a bad idea, even even though I've almost beat it now, the merchant is still my favorite.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games