Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Gaian

8,400 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I would like to start Cosplaying, but, being a bit of a fluffy woman, I don't want to make a fool of myself and wind up getting hurt by real cosplayers.

I need some suggestions on which characters I might be able to do without looking stupid. I really would like to go as Murumuru from Future Diary, but her outfit wouldn't be befitting of my thighs. Would it be alright to just modify the bottoms to cover more skin?
ChibiFairyLilly
I would like to start Cosplaying, but, being a bit of a fluffy woman, I don't want to make a fool of myself and wind up getting hurt by real cosplayers.

I need some suggestions on which characters I might be able to do without looking stupid. I really would like to go as Murumuru from Future Diary, but her outfit wouldn't be befitting of my thighs. Would it be alright to just modify the bottoms to cover more skin?

Sure! Lots of people do that!
There's also the girls of Real Drive, and Yomi from Azumanga Daioh. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'll be back if I can think of any more.
Modifying cosplays to fit your body or to make you feel more comfortable is completely fine! In fact, I'm much rather see a modified outfit you look great in than a completely accurate cosplay that doesn't fit your body right or makes you feel self-conscious.

Good luck and happy cosplaying!

Dapper Gekko

Quote:
real cosplayers

You don't have to have the "ideal" body to be a "real" cosplayer!

Modify the costume however you want in a way you feel it will fit you. Costumes look better when they're flattering and don't make the wearer look completely uncomfortable- and this goes for cosplayers of any shape.

4,900 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
Go ahead and modify and cosplay with your heart wink

5,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
ChibiFairyLilly

First off, there are no, "real cosplayers". Anyone who cosplays is a cosplayer. The only difference between them is the level of skill put into each costume. Any one can do it, and let the risk of negative comments hold you back. As long as you fell proud and comfortable then go right ahead.

Feel free to modify things. Sure, someone's bound to tell you about your error, but don't mind the nitpicky people. Giving Murumuru shorts or something close may even be an improvement on her design^^
As for other character recommendations, as long as you know your body type and find designs that flatter your good points you can be anyone really^^. But since you said you've never cosplayed before, try not to overestimate yourself and choose some ridiculously complex character. *cough*trinity blood*cough*
biggrin

Also, for murumuru's ...sock--things, I'd recommend interfacing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interfacing

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games