Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
And how do you overcome your blues? Is it budget constraints? Time crunches? Distance? Complexities of a costume?

Dapper Explorer

7,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Not knowing how to make a costume, and than probably the money I have to spend if I learn how to make it. =___=

Original Heckler

Distance is my biggest issue; I live four hours away from my cosplay group and don't have a car to just drive wherever I want, whenever I want. >___>

Also, I'm poor. XDD

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Swine Soup
Not knowing how to make a costume, and than probably the money I have to spend if I learn how to make it. =___=

Mnnn yeah, all the research and then the techniques not doing what they look like in the picture, and finding the right pattern and changing it to fit your needs. T~T

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Yoko_Matsubishi
Distance is my biggest issue; I live four hours away from my cosplay group and don't have a car to just drive wherever I want, whenever I want. >___>

Also, I'm poor. XDD

Mnnn poor always hurts. How do cosplay groups work? I usually work by myself, so are they like... an exchange of skills? Or just getting together to hang out?

Original Heckler

Railey98
Yoko_Matsubishi

Also, I'm poor. XDD

Mnnn poor always hurts. How do cosplay groups work? I usually work by myself, so are they like... an exchange of skills? Or just getting together to hang out?

It really depends on what you want out of the experience, but usually it's both. My cosplay group in particular is made up of about six or seven of my closest friends who just wanted to go to conventions and have some fun. These days we work really hard on our cosplay work together, and it's always beneficial to learn a new skill or technique you didn't know about before.

They're also really helpful if you want to do a large scale group cosplay. This year we'll all be going in Soul Eater cosplays.

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Yoko_Matsubishi
Railey98
Yoko_Matsubishi

Also, I'm poor. XDD

It really depends on what you want out of the experience, but usually it's both. My cosplay group in particular is made up of about six or seven of my closest friends who just wanted to go to conventions and have some fun. These days we work really hard on our cosplay work together, and it's always beneficial to learn a new skill or technique you didn't know about before.

They're also really helpful if you want to do a large scale group cosplay. This year we'll all be going in Soul Eater cosplays.

Ahhh that sounds wonderful! How do you all get together, originally? How did you meet?

Original Heckler

Railey98
Yoko_Matsubishi
Railey98
Yoko_Matsubishi

Also, I'm poor. XDD

Ahhh that sounds wonderful! How do you all get together, originally? How did you meet?

Haha, well, let's see. It started off with my best friend and I just doing duo cosplay work together; we were both fortunate to find boyfriends who were into the cosplay scene as well. XD So that gave us four, and after that we managed to pull a few more friends into the mix, so we were pretty fortunate to basically know one another beforehand. It's a process I quite reccomend if you're looking for a cosplay group.

If you make it, they will come, I often say.

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Yoko_Matsubishi

Haha, well, let's see. It started off with my best friend and I just doing duo cosplay work together; we were both fortunate to find boyfriends who were into the cosplay scene as well. XD So that gave us four, and after that we managed to pull a few more friends into the mix, so we were pretty fortunate to basically know one another beforehand. It's a process I quite reccomend if you're looking for a cosplay group.

If you make it, they will come, I often say.

Mnnn that makes sense! Thats so wonderful you were able to get that together!

Invisible Gaian

at this point the biggest thing is not having anyone to cosplay with, being alone is getting old...

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Meimou
at this point the biggest thing is not having anyone to cosplay with, being alone is getting old...

Mnn yeah I can see that as well.

Magical Lunatic

13,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Magical Girl 50
At this point, everything. Distance is the huge thing, as I'm four hours away from any conventions in my state, with only one or two smaller conventions happening only twice in the year in my city, usually at around the same time. The only exception is a small fair that happens two hours away, but that's still two hours away...

Which leads to number two, which is, I can't drive, and if even if I did, I have no car.

Third, I don't have a job so I'm broke most all of the time. I don't have the cash to go to the big conventions and pay for a hotel. *headdesk*

And fourth... I have no friends to cosplay with so I can't even do anything outside of conventions/Halloween. DX

Tis a sad sad situation, I think. But I usually go through with the cosplays I want to do, just waiting for an excuse to wear them.

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Rei the Wannabe Wizard
At this point, everything. Distance is the huge thing, as I'm four hours away from any conventions in my state, with only one or two smaller conventions happening only twice in the year in my city, usually at around the same time. The only exception is a small fair that happens two hours away, but that's still two hours away...

Which leads to number two, which is, I can't drive, and if even if I did, I have no car.

Third, I don't have a job so I'm broke most all of the time. I don't have the cash to go to the big conventions and pay for a hotel. *headdesk*

And fourth... I have no friends to cosplay with so I can't even do anything outside of conventions/Halloween. DX

Tis a sad sad situation, I think. But I usually go through with the cosplays I want to do, just waiting for an excuse to wear them.

WOW you've got almost every problem in the book!

Invisible Gaian

I'l answer these too XD
how do you overcome your blues? design a new outfit even if it doesn't get made

Is it budget constraints? save, use coupons (wait for the sale) pick a cheaper fabric

Time crunches? I cheat, leave things out. or drop that outfit for that con

Distance? (not an issue)

Complexities of a costume? depends what it is, brace myself to mess it up at lest 2 times

@Rei the Wannabe Wizard
so you ave a closet full of cosplay waiting to see the sun too?

[edit]not that any of these things stop me from making 6 a year X3
Oh boy.

I have never cosplayed before. I've wanted to for so long but if there is one thing I can't stand, it's a bad cosplay. That being said, if I cosplayed, it would have to be absolutely perfect otherwise I just wouldn't be able to tolerate it.. and let's face it, really good cosplay can get pretty expensive sometimes depending on the character.

I don't have a cosplay group either. Of course I know a few girls who cosplay but I wouldn't be comfortable going to a con with any of them. If I DID cosplay, I'd have to have at least one other friend cosplaying another character from the same anime/manga/video game/whatever because then we could have some serious fun being in character.

Distance isn't really an issue for me, although I haven't exactly been to any cons. I know there are quite a few around me though. One pretty big one is only a few minutes away.

How do I overcome my blues? I don't... :I

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces