Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Nerd

I am currently in the process of writing up a piece for my blog/page, and I am looking for some Anime Central Feedback:
What were the pros and cons? What were the highlights and lowlights?
Feel free to discuss the events, panels, masquerade, dances, etc., as well as what you thought about the con and hotel staff, the hotel, convention space, food, dealer's room, attendees, and whatever else pertaining to this year's Anime Central!

(If I am interested in using your review I will ask first, and I will quote you, and send you a link to the completed piece.)

Witty Fatcat

7,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
This year's Acen wasn't the greatest in my opinion. They scheduled Acen a month earlier then they usually do....which meant that a lot of College students were unable to attend. This gave Acen a more empty feel. Luckily, I was able to attend but to my dismay I did not have as much fun as last year in 2011.
Most of IRT were power hungry and treated their attendees like a herd of cows. I understand they have to deal with many not so nice attendees but they could have at least been a bit nice to the ones that treated them with respect.
Acen had a new plan in which people would start waiting in line 30 mins before a panel.....THAT FAILED EPICALLY! People were lingering around the doors way in advance...giving those who followed the rules not a chance to enter the panel.
Every year there seems to be more and more drunk people at Acen. =_=; I understand a few drinks can make a person feel comfy but some people go overboard.
The resturant connected to Acen had horrible staff. They were rude and there was not enough ketchup for anyone.
Half of the masquerade got cancelled thanks to a dumbass that pulled the fire alarm. I felt so bad for those who worked so hard on their skits and didn't get to perform them thanks to the dumbass that thought it would be funny to pull the fire alarm.
AGAIN! The fire alarmed was pulled for the Soap Bubble....=_=;; Hope the b*****d got arrested.

Anyway....PROS!
-EMT was super efficient.
- Photoshoots were just as fun
-Dealers room and Artist Alley had many amazing products
- VIC and Chris Sabat both attend Acen! This made my day!
-Since there were less people at Acen...it was easier to get around.
-Registration was fast and friendly X3 I loved the registration staff this year!

P.S...Sorry if I sound like an angry mob D:

Original Ladykiller

Quote:
Every year there seems to be more and more drunk people at Acen. =_=; I understand a few drinks can make a person feel comfy but some people go overboard.

I was sitting in the bar area of the Hyatt late Saturday night. We saw somebody get taken out by EMT's, I assume at that time it was alcohol related.

I was drinking most of the afternoon Saturday, but I didn't get 'drunk' until later Saturday when most of the younger kids/teens had gone to bed. And even then we stayed at the bar area.

But I had a lot of fun this year.

The fire alarm was a pain in the a** as well. The staff was yelling at people who were walking out, doing what they were supposed to while people several stories up were just laughing. They should have been yelling at those jerks. Then while trying to get everybody back in they were yelling at people to stay on the sidewalk. There is 1000+ people trying to get onto a small sidewalk. WE'RE TRYING OUR BEST STOP YELLING. I know they had to act a little tough to keep everything in line, but. We could only do so much.

The Artist Alley seemed so disjointed as well. Instead of being just a line of artists, it seemed like there was pods. I ended up missing a lot of people because I didn't know where I had already gone.

But I had a lot of fun!
I had a great time. I loved the Angelic Pretty fashion show. Although I thought the panel lineup was a little odd. They had two Hetalia "Ask A Nation" panels. I love Hetalia and all but I don't see why they had two.

I didn't go to the Masquerade as I was out eating dinner. After I heard about the evacuation I'm glad I missed it. I also want to punch the person who pulled the fire alarm or used the extinguisher (I've heard different versions so I'm not sure which is true) in the face. It's stuff like this that can keep hotels from hosting conventions in the future.

Original Ladykiller

Sullen BabyDoll05
I had a great time. I loved the Angelic Pretty fashion show. Although I thought the panel lineup was a little odd. They had two Hetalia "Ask A Nation" panels. I love Hetalia and all but I don't see why they had two.

I didn't go to the Masquerade as I was out eating dinner. After I heard about the evacuation I'm glad I missed it. I also want to punch the person who pulled the fire alarm or used the extinguisher (I've heard different versions so I'm not sure which is true) in the face. It's stuff like this that can keep hotels from hosting conventions in the future.
I've heard (from a friend of a friend) that there was fire. But who knows! I doubt we will ever know.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff