Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
gaia_diamond gaia_nitemareleft New Rally/Virtual Hollywood Contest! gaia_nitemareright gaia_diamond

As a way of celebrating the new changes to Rally/Virtual Hollywood, we thought it would be super fun to have a community contest!

Since many of you love hanging out in these Flash spaces, we thought it would be fun to have a contest that shows us what you see when you visit Rally/Virtual Hollywood. This contest therefore is a simple screenshot contest - take a screenshot of something you see going on in Rally/Virtual Hollywood and post it in this thread with a few bits of entry information. It's pretty simple and easy to do, and if your screenshot wins, you could score an awesome prize!

Read below for contest rules, details, and prizes biggrin
Sisky

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
gaia_diamond gaia_nitemareleft New Rally/Virtual Hollywood Contest Rules and Guidelines gaia_nitemareright gaia_diamond

What does this contest entail?
Entering the New Rally/Virtual Hollywood Contest is super easy! All you need to do is take a screenshot of yourself and other Gaians in the Rally/Virtual Hollywood space, then post your finished picture in this thread!

We're looking for screenshots that capture something funny, friendly, or which otherwise captures the joy and community that inhabits these fabulous Flash spaces. Perhaps someone said something funny, or there are some really awesome avatars hanging out - who knows! Your imagination and encounters in Rally/Virtual Hollywood are limit!

How long does this contest run?
This contest will run from December 13th, 2012 until 11:59 pm on December 21st, 2012. All entries must be posted in the thread by the end of the contest to be eligible.

How do I enter the contest?
Entering the contest is easy! You just have to take a screenshot of something you see in Rally/Virtual Hollywood and post your picture in this thread with the following information:
* Username
* Entry # (Entry 1, Entry 2, Entry 3)
* Brief description of why you like this image and why you think it should win.

Here is a sample entry for illustration:
Quote:

User Image
Username: siskataya
Entry #1
I like this screenshot because this other person's avatar looks perfect in the convenience store. He looks like a late night shopper at a 7-11 that has fallen asleep while looking for items in the aisle!

How many times can I enter the contest?
You can enter the contest 3 times, which is why we ask you to post the number of your entry as part of the required information.

Can all Gaians enter this contest?
Yes, this is open to Gaians, including international Gaians. As long as your country allows you to enter such contests, you are welcome to join!

Are there any images I cannot enter?
* All content in the screenshot must be Gaia acceptable content. This means no sexually explicit or gory content, or any content that you happen to see occurring that violates Gaia's Terms of Service or Rules & Guidelines. If you DO see any untoward behavior occurring in Rally/Virtual Hollywood, please report it immediately. Any entries that might capture such behavior will be disqualified.

* All entries must also be your won screenshots that you have taken - no using a screenshot someone else took. If we find you have used someone else's screenshot, your entry will be disqualified.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
gaia_diamond gaia_nitemareleft New Rally/Virtual Hollywood Contest Judging and Prizes! gaia_nitemareright gaia_diamond

Judging for this contest will be done by members of the Gaia Admin team. Please keep in mind that judging such contests is always subjective, but we'll be looking for images that are creative, funny, touching, or which just make us smile. You never know what will strike our fancy, so don't be afraid to enter unique screenshots.

As for the prizes, this contest will have 3 winners. There will be a First Place, Second Place, and Third Place prize pack awarded to the entries we pick as the Top 3. The prize packs for these are as follows:
Quote:

* The First Place Winner will receive the following "Gold Rally Prize Pack":
A Lusty Scoundrel item, Cloud item, Kiki Kitty item, Pandy Pack item, Smiling Gold Grill item, a Massive Ostentatious Chain item and 50,000 Gaia gold to buy some parts from Sam's to deck out your ride!

* The Second Place Winner will receive the following "Silver Rally Prize Pack":
A Lusty Scoundrel item, Cloud item, Smiling Gold Grill item, a Massive Ostentatious Chain item and 25,000 Gaia gold to buy some parts from Sam's to deck out your ride!

* The Third Place Winner will receive the following "Bronze Rally Prize Pack":
A Lusty Scoundrel item, Smiling Gold Grill item, a Massive Ostentatious Chain item and 10,000 Gaia gold to buy some parts from Sam's to deck out your ride!

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
gaia_diamond gaia_nitemareleft New Rally/Virtual Hollywood Contest Winners! gaia_nitemareright gaia_diamond

Well! The contest is over, and as usual for the Gaia community, all the entries were amazing! Well done everyone. It was super hard to pick our winners, and in fact, we actually have a 4-Way tie for third prize so all those Gaians will win the third place "Bronze Rally Prize Pack".

Now, to the winners!

* The First Place Winner: who will receive the "Gold Rally Prize Pack" is:
im not a mango
Rally Rock Band
User Image
* We love this entry - the avatars look awesome, and remind us of local bands that play gigs in parking lots before they get famous. Also looks like everyone was having a lot of fun!

* The Second Place Winner who will receive the "Silver Rally Prize Pack" is:
Sheepity
Entry 1 - Animated Rainbow Rally Fans!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
* This is amazingly well-done, and the effort that went into the project is fantastic! It's like a dancing rainbow of Rally fans. Fabulous!

* The Third Place Winners who tied will each receive the "Bronze Rally Prize Pack" are:
Cookies o v o
Entry 1 - Friendly neighborhood donating to the poor.
User Image
* This is a great use of the spaces and avatars. Reminds us of the importance of charity and giving to those less fortunate. Nicely done!

Darksp
Photobombed By A Reindeer
User Image
*This cracked us up! What a great nod to the current trend of photobombing pictures. Pesky reindeer - always ruining the shot! XD

Hi-Potion
Sheriff Rick and the Pepsi!
User Image
* This is brilliantly done, great use of the space and items, and a nice nod to our sponsors. We can imagine people trying to get into convenience stores during a zombie apocalypse and having the place be empty. The lack of other users almost makes it a bit eerie! Love how you made it work!

JSETH
This is how a gaian gets their first can of Pepsi.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
* The cow on the vending machine made us laugh so much, as did the very appropriate user names and outfits in the screenshot! It's a great blend of the Rally space users and the silliness that is Gaia. Well done! biggrin

Thanks again to all who entered, and congrats to the winners! Prizes will be given out on Wednesday biggrin

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
gaia_diamond gaia_nitemareleft New Rally/Virtual Hollywood Contest Updates & Info! gaia_nitemareright gaia_diamond

Just reserving space in case I need a place to post updates, rule changes, info, etc.

Invisible Phantom

first post cool

9,500 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Beloved Noob

7,550 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Market Browser 100

Tricky Treater

Demonic Defender

16,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
5th?
I assume the change works like zomg layers,looks like finding friends easy is out the window.
Goodbye rally and mtv.

Oooo contests,can't wait to see the winners. 4laugh

And hello Sisky. emotion_kirakira

Invisible Traveler

13,625 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

A Lunatic

50,525 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Survivor 150
Looks like fun, I'll add my entry here in a little bit :3

EDIT:

* Username: Chrystal Liena
* Entry #1

It's happened to all of us. You're thirsty and you have just enough change to get a drink out of the vending machine and then the machine goes and eats the money.
User Image
*shakes vending machine* If you're not going to give me a drink than at least GIVE ME MY MONEY BAAAAAACK scream

On a side note, it would be kind of fun if the machines shook when you clicked on them.

* Username: Chrystal Liena
* Entry #2

I thought it would be fun to relax in the pool, until I found out that there was a shark that had the same idea...
User Image
*plays Jaws music in background*

Vicious Mage

13,650 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Seems interesting.

Beloved Noob

7,550 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Regular 100