lilgemangel
DB5K
emotion_awesome
I love your username.
Aw thank you!

Invisible Loiterer

PyschoticGoldfish

Whitehaven Boggle

There's a superstition where I live about a 'creature' called the Whitehaven boggle. It actually has a few names, although this is the most well known. Whitehaven is a harbourside town which used to be big in the slave industry, therefore a lot of ships and boats dock here. The boggle is a creature which appears whenever someone is going to die in/on the water, and appears to the relatives or friends of that person. It appears to different people as different things.

My granda swears he saw it one day. He saw a 'cat like beast with a thorned tail and horn things', the day his friend was supposed to go to sea. His friend never actually died, but he did fall overboard and break his leg and wrist. There are more accounts of people seeing it and their friends / family either being seriously injured or dying at the harbour. Of course, because of the amount of traffic at the harbour it isn't surprising there were so many injuries, however there have also been more recent reports of this happening. Usually when a festival is on.

Devoted Friend

9,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Sisky and fellow Gaians,
There is no such thing as Good -or- Bad Luck.
It is simply a matter of good or bad judgement when some thing happens in ones life.
There is always a reaction that is equal or opposite too any reaction that happens.
People tend to make their own luck in life and all the throwing of salt over the shoulder or picking up a heads up pence in all nonsense.
Plain as all of that.
Danni F.

Fashionable Vampire

Samurai_Zatoichi

oh dang =( i'm sorry. -hugs- it'll be ok. have you tried a restrain order? or order of protection? surely the bus people should have stricter policies to keep creeps who mess with others off the bus.

So far, the best I managed to get is having the bus driver divert him away from me when I'm on board.

Original Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Im an skeptical atheist, I don't believe in such superstition, sorry.

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I just feel like ranting... My luck today hasn't been the best...

Soreiyu

Just one of those days...

My day started out with me calling AT&T to try to sort out my bill since I just switched to Uverse. They charged me $8 for switching phone plans.... They also told me that $15 in taxes is normal? =_= Needless to say I'm still mad.

How has my day been going since then?

My 8 year old Wacom Intuos3 drawing tablet is having some bad connectivity issues. Wacom says it'll cost $68+ shipping just to replace the cord. So I tried to contact Best Buy's Geek Squad to see if they can repair it. They said they don't know if they can or how much it would cost me... So I began searching Ebay and other sites for good deals on used or new tablets. I found a deal for a small Intuos5 at Staples which was $137.99 plus a $25 off coupon code.. Obviously it was sold out....

Whats next? Only time will tell.........

Territorial Ship

15,150 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
kyashi39

Title: "One two Thirteen"

It's friday the 13th again, suddenly, I remember an incident 2years ago
wherein, I never believed in Friday the 13th being unlucky
or any sort of those superstitious beliefs.

Until, that day...

I'm supposed to go on 12th floor where my aunt's condo is located...
suddenly, instead of stopping at 12th floor, it preceeded to 13th floor.

It's odd because when I looked at the selection of floors, there's supposedly no 13th floor!
Then, I remember this old tale about the 13th floor
being home or having ghost or a floor for devils and such creatures.
And, despite not believing those tales, I immediately tried my best
to close the elevator door before it opens. I had goosebumps during that time!!

Yes, I did not see what's on that floor.
But, I also don't want to take the risk of not ever coming back alive.

And, just when I thought that my unluck for that day and encountering that floor
was enough...that's when I was wrong.

Because, it's around 1pm, or in military time 13:00,
just 1 hr. after the unbelievable experience with 13th floor appearing in a building w/o it;
when I encounter another unlucky (*beep*) incident.

I was just walking outside the building going back to my work,
around 1pm when suddenly... a body fell from the top of the building
where I was walking nearby!!

And *SPLAT* (the sound is like a huge rubber exploded)
blood splatter everywhere, including unto my face and shoulders!
"Ugh! just when I taught my unlucky day is finished, there's another!" as I cry to myself.

To my dismay, the unlucky events from that day
did not only end to that...A mirror almost fell on me!
Good thing, I was able to evade it -almost- or else I wouldn't be typing here anymore. =_=;;;

I really, don't know what I did that friday on 13th of October
2 yrs. ago to even deserve such incidents one after another.
But, from that day on, I started to be cautious of friday the 13th.
The End?

Devoted Lover

11,525 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Generous 100
* User name: kimberly michaels

*Title: Best Friday the 13th Ever

* My best Friday the 13th ever was the day my second son James was born. I had just had his brother one year and 10 days before on a Tuesday August the 3rd during a HORRIBLE 18 1/2 hour long very painful delivery. Some how slightly brain damaged i think. I decided it would be great to give little Michael who was born in Okinawa Japan. We were a Marine Corps family you see well any way little Michael needed a little brother or sister so 8 short weeks after meeting Michael I became pregnant with baby ? After a horrendous pregnancy in North Carolina (military moves you know) I went into labor with my now little boy. I called the hospital to say I was coming in . They asked how long I'd been in labor? I said 15 minutes!!!! They laughed and told me to stay home for a couple hours i had plenty of time to kill. I got off the phone and told my hubby to get the car the hospital was nuts. We got to the hospital just in time for James to make his appearance heart Why you might ask was this my best Friday the 13th ever? Well I got to meet my new son and barely even went through any sort of real labor. What a treat for me. Although to this day i do believe that James is a bit of a stubborn hellion because of the date of his birth. He is also a Marine like his dad was before him. For me Friday the 13th is a lucky day . I went on to have another child after James but like Michael it was a long HORRIBLE labor.

Magical Bunny

11,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Akynn

The event of the Friday the XIII

There is this book by Slavko Grum (the title could be translated as The event in Goga city) which talks about a group of people living in Goga city and they are always anticipating something, waiting for something to happen but nothing is actually going on. Nothing ever happens. There is no event or something like that and it keeps you nervous to the last page. And nothing happens. It describes all of my Fridays the XII so perfectly. All the day I'm waiting for something unusual or misfortunate to happen but nothing ever does! It's driving me crazy! AARGH! In the end I think that this is my unlucky story - nothing ever happens. xp

Princess Kunzite's Princess

Spoiled Pandahime

Sifen Yamishi

*Title of Entry: Bad Day Turned Worse

Oh no D: I'm so sorry that happened to you
Bring mace and just spray him down D : <
Creepy rude guy deserves it

Fashionable Vampire

Angels Alibi

No s**t. What's worse is how if you move away from him, he'll follow you.

Blessed Bookworm

10,000 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Generous 100
Starmie-Azaria
"Stalker"

So this literally happened to me TODAY. It isn't scary so much as it's creepy.

I was walking home today at about midday, minding my own business, trying to get home after the 1 hour class that ruins my Fridays, when this weird old man approaches me and introduces himself, saying he's Venezuelan. Thereafter, he proceeds to ask me if I'm married and goes on to tell me that he's in love with me. I state calmly that he does not know me and he says he sees me often. At this point, I become somewhat severely freaked out and tell the man I am in a hurry. He tells me to think about it. I walk off and look back every so often to ensure I'm not followed. I post to Facebook only to hear that this guy is known to harrass people, not just in my area, but around my university campus.

Quotable Cat

6,725 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Generous 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Username: SuperZombiePotatoe
Title: Bad luck? Really?
Text:

You, I've been hearing about the " bad juju" surrounding Friday the 13th for...well my whole life really. Honestly, it bugged me a bit, but I'll get to that later. I'd like to talk about the REAL reason for Friday the 13th baing unlucky. It starts with the ancient Roman and Norse mythologies.

In each of these, what would you call them, cultures? We'll go with that... No, no, I think civilisations is a better word. Where was I? Oh, right, so each of the mythologies of the above mentioned civilisations revolved around a pantheon. They were the main guys, the ones that were most important or rather most revered. Each pantheon consisted of 12 gods. Can anyone guess what come's next? Well, anyway, it was said that sometimes a 13th god would come in cause trouble for the others, messing around with the general balance of things. So... due to this, 13 was considered a very, very bad number.

Now coming to Friday. Well, I really don't know why this particular day was chosen to be 13's partner in crime. But, a friend did tell me a theory that it had something to do with Jesus Christ being crucified on a Friday. So, if he was crucified on a Wednesday then would it have been Wednesday the 13th? Doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?

And now we come to my problems. I can, very confidently, say that in all the years that I have been alive, I have never had even a speck of bad luck on Friday the 13th. Not a speck. In fact, I think I've had a bit of good luck. I celebrated a birthday on Friday the 13th a few years ago... I got presents... I think that's very good luck. So really, we're placing bad luck on a number because a whole lot of ancient people didn't like the 13th god ( sound like a good book title ) interfering with the other 12 gods, um, godly matters. Then Friday... please refer to the last entence of the previous paragraph. I'm of the Islamic faith and Friday is actually a very revered day to muslims, one of the reasons being that the first man, Adam, was created on a Friday.

So in conclusion, I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad for thinking that it's a superstitious day or that their experiences are just coincidence. All I'm trying to do is voice my opinion and tell people not to take Friday the 13th as a bad day because other's say it is. Do some research then decide because there are so many different sides to the story...

Princess Kunzite's Princess

Spoiled Pandahime

Sifen Yamishi
Angels Alibi

No s**t. What's worse is how if you move away from him, he'll follow you.
I hate that gonk
I'm super shy and awkward but I've had run ins where people would follow me or watch me, and keep looking at me or talking to me

Hellraiser

Ectogasm

Just a bad day,

When I was a kid, I never believed in any of the like. I just thought it would have occurred no matter what.
It was a back in elementary school, we talked about superstitions on Friday the 13th, I remember this day clearly, everyone says "I believe in luck!" and we tell stories, one kid mentioned that their grandma is VERY superstitious, she once stepped on a spider and it rained that same day.
But I do generally have bad luck so I thought the day might have been unlucky after hearing these stories, turns out, I did.
But to make a long story short:
I am very clumsy too so this didn't help much.
I tripped while trying to get into my desk, ow.
Fell during recess, on the slide.
And my parents didn't pick me up till later.

I thought it was just bad luck, but then I remembered...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff