Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

Hello Gaia!

Today is MLK Day of Service here in the USA. It's a Federal holiday to celebrate the works of civil rights leader Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and to remind all of us that diversity is beautiful, and equality for all people regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, sex, or ability is necessary for a rich, diverse, and fabulously beautiful world!

To celebrate this holiday, we wanted to have a contest! One of the things we love about our Gaia community is your diversity. Gaians come from all over the world! You are a beautiful group of humans comprised of people of all ages, races, genders, religions/belief systems, shapes and sizes, sexual orientations, and abilities!

We'd love to hear your stories of how diversity has enriched your life, and made your world a more fabulous place. In sharing your story, you will not only be able to show how beautiful we all are, but you might win a prize as well!

Read below for more contest details, and Happy MLK Day to everyone!
Sisky

===========================

β€œAn individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.”
― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

gaia_star MLK Day Celebration Contest Rules and Guidelines gaia_star

How long will this contest run for?
Although MLK Day is only a one day holiday, we wanted to extend the contest longer than a day so everyone would be able to share their stories, and possibly win a prize! The contest will run from today, January 21st until 11:59 pm PST on Friday, January 25th. Basically, from January 21st, 2013 - January 25th, 2013. All times are in PST!

Human diversity is a fabulous thing to celebrate and I love contests - how do I enter?
Entering this contest is super easy! Just post your personal stories about how diversity has improved the richness of your world in this thread! In your post, please include the following:
Quote:

* Username
* Title of Story
* Content of story which describes why you like diversity, and how you feel it has made your world a better place to be!

I have lots of stories to share - how many times can I enter this contest?
You may enter this contest as many times as you like, but each entry must have a unique personal story about how human diversity has made your life more meaningful!

How long should my entries be?
All entries should be at least a paragraph in length, and should provide readers with details about your experience and why it was meaningful for you!

Are any topics off limits?
All entries must follow Gaia's Terms of Service and Rules & Guidelines. That is, no entries may be inappropriate for Gaia Online! Any entries which violate our ToS or R&G will not only be disqualified, your account will also be dealt with according to the nature of what you post. Also, all entries must be your own personal stories, and not repeats of stories you've heard other people tell. We want to hear what you have to say, so share it! biggrin

Awesome contest - now, what are the prizes!?
Each day of the contest we will randomly pick 2 winners from the entry posts made on that day! Each winner will receive a Fabulous Diversity Prize Pack consisting of items to help you equip a variety of skin tones on your avatar as well as some Gaia gold to spend in the Global Imports store! The prize pack will contain:
Quote:

* An Uncanny Form item
* A Superior Form item
* A Lusty Scoundrel item
* 250,000 Gaia gold

Can I hang out in this thread and chat with other people when I am not making contest entry posts?
Sure can! We encourage you all not only to enter the contest, but to hang out, chat, and meet new friends from around the world! You never know, you could learn some new things, and meet some awesome people!

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

gaia_star MLK Day Celebration Contest Winners' List gaia_star

Winners for January 21st, 2012: Darksp and Strawberry-Fappuccino

Winners for January 22nd, 2012: Elyarne and AKaii-Bra

Winners for January 23rd, 2012: NaomiNaomi and MissDotHacker

Winners for January 24th, 2012: Kirowyn Love and xkumikoxlovesxaxkitsune

Winners for January 25th, 2012: Tainted Tarts and Ceeshnia

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
User Image

gaia_star MLK Day Celebration Contest News & Updates gaia_star

If there is any news about the contest you need to know, or updates to the contest, that info will be posted here! biggrin

Winged Demon

16,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
dramallama

Friendly Citizen

What a wonderful contest to commemorate and remind all of us of Martin Luther King Jr. and the message of equality. emotion_bigheart

Invisible Ladykiller

11,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Invisibility 100

Rainbow Prophet

9,025 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Sex Symbol

emotion_dowant I'm one of the first posters xD doesn't that count for something? lol

Alien Hoarder

14,450 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Obsessive Zealot

10,300 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Champion

Star Giver