* Username: Kitty_Mew
* Favorite type of tempura dish: Giant Spider Roll (Sushi with crab Temupra inside heart)
* Brief description of why you love it: It's just really really yummy D= It's my favorite sushi from the restraunt I go to and the first not just veggi sushi I ever had. Also it holds the happy memories of being the first time eating out with my boyfriend 3nodding
I really quite enjoy the taste of crab, just stinks that getting things like this ends up costing so much gonk Guess that just makes it even better when i have it though biggrin Can't wait to eat it on my b-day this monthheart
Brief description of why you love it! :Just One Bite Of The Seafood Tempura , you cant help but trying to grab the 2 serving!! Its texture is crispy and its pepper like fragrace make it seem so good~ Its inside are hot and yummy , its just too delicious!! I cant describe it with mere words. The Feeling , Is Like an Explosion In Your Mouth!
Eep! My apologies - I am a day late for announcing the January 9th winners - d'oh! Anyway, here are the winners for January 9th and 10th - congrats!
Winners for January 9th:
* Username: Tempura Komuro
* Favorite type of tempura dish: Any Dish of Tempura
* Brief description of why you love it!
I love it because its tempura. And I LOVE tempura...Ooh, its my favorite breakfast, lunch, dinner, brunch, snack, dessert, and food. I want some tempura now...
Page: 13 Post: 3
My favorite tempura: snow peas and shrimp tempura heart
Reason: I love snow peas and shrimp. Also when it's fried it's nice crunchy. Lastly a nice plus is
the awesome sauces that come with!
Page: 11 Post: 12
Favorite type of tempura dish: oh.... so many to choose from.. I love yasaii tumpura (veggie) and my husband adores temuraed sushi rolls. ....we might have to get that tonight.... *drools*
Brief description of why you love it: Yasaii.. veggies dipped in batter and deep fried... fatty comfort food. and the tempuraed sushi rolls just adds so much flavor to the food. *swwons* totally going out for tempura tongith... or trying to make it here at home myself. ^.^
Winners for January 10th!
Page: 21 Post: 2
* Username MiniLollpop
* Favorite type of tempura dish tempura potato
* Brief description of why you love it! It tastes really good and I like most of the tempura
Page: 19 Post: 5
* Username: Doppler Effect
* Favorite type of tempura dish: eggplant tempura or this really yummy tempura + noodles dish my favorite Taiwanese restaurant serves
* Brief description of why you love it! I've always had a thing for soft yet crunchy, melt-in-your-mouth eggplant tempura, so much that I order it every time I go to a sushi restaurant. And having tempura with noodles is just heavenly.
Page: 19 Post: 1
* Username: arrowmaker
* Favorite type of tempura dish: vegetable tempura
* Brief description of why you love it!: I love the crispness of the vegetables and the crunchy coating
* Username: Shinmetorii
* Favorite type of tempura dish: Sweet potato tempura
* I saw others talking about it here and decided to try it myself the other day. I don't think I got the recipe quite right, but it still tasted delicious and it's since become another favorite of mine.
* Username: Non-Toxic Cliche
* Favorite type of tempura dish: Tempura Soft-shell Crab with Asian Slaw (it's drool-worthy)
* Brief description of why you love it!: the crab is delectable, because it's soft-shell, the shell is edible, and when you bite in through the tempura and thin shell crunch, you get to the sweetest and juiciest crab meat, that literally drips, because it's so flavorful. And then, the slaw is creamy, but it has this citrus and spice tang that just wakes your palate up, but balances out with the crab's sweetness and crunch. So in the end, you're eating all the good things in the world, sweet, spicy, sour, creamy, crunchy, and juicy.emotion_drool
* Username - iiCuddleMuffin
* Favorite type of tempura dish - Sweet Potato Tempura
* Brief description of why you love it! - It's so sweet and crunchy and delicious <33 I get it every time I go to the sushi bar.
* Username: Lynn74
* Favorite type of tempura dish: Popcorn chicken
* Brief description of why you love it: The crunchy coating and the juicy chicken are sooo delicious! It tastes great with or without dipping sauce! ^.^
winkUsername: kmonterde rolleyes * Favorite type of tempura dish:Fish Tempura(I'm allergic to shrimp ) confused* Brief description of why you love it!: Because here is Philippines it is consider as street food and very cheap to buy plus its every delicious and its more yummy with you hangout with your friends eating tempura... heartheart
Favorite type of tempura dish: Tempura Cherry Tomatoes
Brief description of why you love it!: We have always had a vegetable garden wherever we lived around the world (Navy family here). Lots of vegetables made it into tempura, but the *best* are the cherry tomatoes. We would chill them in the refrigerator, or a bath of ice water, then dunk them in the batter and cook them quickly. Hot and crispy on the outside, and the usual squirt of tomato juice and flavor when bitten. And the best part is that they (usually) fit inside your mouth whole, so you get the entire experience with no mess! We would leave off the wasabi - not needed. Careful, though, they are addicting!
* Username: Pink in Style * Favorite type of tempura dish: I think it would be one with seafood and veggies. * Brief description of why you love it!
Ok well, I still haven't had tempura, but I still want to. It must be really good to have it's own special day! ^^