Stalker

17,500 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
* Username Margaree
* Favorite type of tempura dish cheese tempura
* Brief description of why you love it!
ha well I've never actually had tempura but I figure deap fried cheese sticks is about as close as I've come to eating it razz Yummy cheesy goodness! You almost have to shove the whole thing in your mouth cause the cheese just stretches and stretches when you try to bite off a piece. It's esp yummy dipped in a salsa type dip emotion_omnomnom

Elysian Abomination

24,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250
* Username: Rabid-Turtle
* Favorite type of tempura : Vegetable Tempura
* Brief description of why you love it!: Its delicious! I love ordering this at restaurants and have only braved to make it at home once. Tempura mushrooms, sweet potatoes, eggplant, all so delicious and gets me to eat veggies I don't usually consume. I also love tempura shrimp but veggies are number 1 in my tummy.

mmm now I can't stop thinking of the all you can eat sushi place in town. They have a "Sakura Roll" which is avocado, spicy mayo and tempura bits, and its oh so delicious!

Unholy Werewolf

15,150 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
lol... a Japanese food holiday in the US? Only in 'Merica!

Username
True Sefirosu

Favorite type of tempura dish
Vegetable Tempura

Brief description of why you love it!
I was raised on vegetable tempura thanks to my grandma, grandpa and my aunt who introduced it to me many years ago. I'm not a fan of sea food, so I enjoy vegetable tempura instead. It is also fun to make and easy to prepare with tonkatsu.

Smitten Elocutionist

14,400 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
* Username Nie Chan
* Favorite type of tempura dish Eggplant Tempura with spicy mayo dipping sauce.
* It was the first type of tempura that my friend made for me. And it was so light and crispy and the eggplant was nomtrelescent.

Jolly Phantom

7,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Username: Bang-A-Lang

Favorite: Crab tempura

Why: The crab meat is just so sweet. And the crunchy goodness just ties it together.

Swashbuckling Transform

13,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Hero 100
Username: Panilazuli

Favorite type of tempura dish: Vegetable Tempura

Brief description of why you love it! : Uuugu~, just thinking of how well the sweetness of some of the veggies( ex: Sweet potato or Onions) meshes together with the saltiness of the fried batter makes me hunger for some right now. emotion_drool

Gracious Beau

Username: Lance Gambino
Favorite type of tempura: Sweet Potato Tempura
Why I love it!: Sweet potatoes have within them is the flavor of autumn! The tempura batter with its thin crisp layer it's like fresh fallen autumn leaves of gold. The sweet potato with its dense texture, when biting into it is like flopping onto a racked pile of leaves! Crisp yet dense!

Dangerous Knight

* Username: Elynai
* Favorite type of tempura dish: Tempura mushrooms! With soy sauce.
* Brief description of why you love it!: Because it's freaking delicious, that's why! Mushrooms are one of the best things ever.
* Username: IsissGlory

* Favorite type of tempura dish: Tempura Banana with Ice Cream (Something the local Asian restaurant in town does)

* Brief description of why you love it: It's amazing! The tempura banana gives a great crunch to the ice cream, and it's not as heavy as deep frying. Now, I'm craving it. biggrin

Dedicated Explorer

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Loiterer 100
~azul_luna5

~Tempura-covered stuffed mushroom!

~There's a fondue place where I live (I giggle childishly because of Captain America xd ) and they offer the option of being able to coat your food in tempura... I'm horrible at it and get tempura batter all over the place but I've managed to make a very unhealthy fried, tempura-covered, seafood-beef-and-veggie "salad". The mushrooms, which I stuffed with cheese before tempura-ing and frying, were super-awesome.

Happy Tempura Day!

Shy Lover

8,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Befriended 100
* Username : Reporter Anns
* Favorite type of tempura dish:California tempura.
* Brief description of why you love it!:It is california roll(sushi)with tempura on the outside.I like it because of the tempura sauce, it's crunchy, and i love california roll.

Generous Friend

11,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Generous 100
Username: Kiku_T
Favorite type of tempura dish: Purple sweet potato tempura
Brief description of why you love it!: I had it when I lived in Okinawa, and had never seen purple sweet potatoes before. It reminds me of the wonderful time I had living overseas, experiencing a new culture, and it's DELICIOUS! biggrin

Shy Lover

8,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Befriended 100
* Username:Reporter Anns
* Favorite type of tempura dish:I also like Shrimp tempura
* Brief description of why you love it!:I like shrimp tempura because i love shrimp,dipping it with soy sauce, and the crunchyness!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games