Welcome to Gaia! ::

I choose Toadstool because I always wanted to be a mushroom... :0

Wealthy Warlord

10,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
I like this year's November collectible omg scarf because you can make the scarf look like a wing when u equip it and i like stuff that are black so that i can make me look like a devil or a evil person XD
What’s your all time favorite November Monthly Collectible and why?
My all time favorite November Monthly Collectible is the Gilt Thorns because it is artistically beautiful and created so wonderfully with the beauty of gold and black. I think it is just gorgeous.

10,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I don;t particularly like any of them, they're all sorta tacky and overrated, especially those OMG items. But at least they;re not as bad as the Horns of the Demon, now that's an over hyped item. But if I had to choose a fave I suppose Wild Things. It was an interesting an unique item when it came out. Gaia could use more innovations like that.

Sweetheart

8,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
heart heart My favorite November Monthly Collectible is 2007's Autumn Glory!!! heart heart
I love Fall..the crisp wind whipping through my hair and nipping at my nose..the beautiful shower of leaves that crunch beneath my feet...the holidays and traditions that come with this marvelous season...IT'S PERFECT!!!!!...and this item captures its essence to a tee, I use it every year (as you can see with my current avi) in celebration and of nature!!!!!

6,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Mark Twain 100
My favorite November MC? Hmm.... I'd have to say Wild Things because it was one of the first MCs that I owned... And I always loved walking around towns and zOMG with it... Haha the wolf and chocobo are my favorites, especially since wolves are my favorite animals, and Final Fantasy is one of the best games ever!!! heart mrgreen

1,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I love Wild Things because the wolf is my favorite animal. And, since you're never going to be able to ride a wolf in real life, why not have your avatar ride on a wolf, a tiger, or a giant chiken!

Vermin

i love the snow yeti push because its just so adorable~ <3
i wish i had one in real life~
i like the OMG scarf so far i hope i win
I really love the OMG scarf from this year.. the mask is a pefect accessory to any deliciously dark outfit wink
on november 2007 my favorite monthley colectoble came it was wild things,because I like the various animals that come with it.I find that it is a very cool accessorie,and it was my first monthley colectable that i bought from market place.

2,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
The OMG Scarf of course b/c its super unique & U can make it yer own w/ any type of style fer yer avi's. Simple, fancy, punk rocker. O.o Very tasteful, & awesome.
My favorite November monthly collectible would have to be the Ice Gauntlet.

That's... a little unusual, I think. Even though it's one of the older collectibles out there (and, by association, one of the rarer ones), it doesn't fetch a terribly high price on the marketplace. And, honestly, I can see why: the Ice Gauntlet, like a lot of other older collectibles, isn't as flashy. It has fewer options, and most of the options it does have lack a certain polish that more recent collectibles all seem to possess.

But it's still my favorite November monthly collectible. I might be less likely to actually wear one than some newer things, but the Ice Gauntlet holds value for me out of a kind of nostalgic sentimentality.

I first joined Gaia in 2004, and while monthly collectibles -- donation items -- weren't quite new at that point, they were definitely a great deal more... revered, I suppose, than they are now. They were the biggest items on the market, and you'd almost never catch one selling for less than something that wasn't a collectible. That's... less true, these days. Largely untrue, I suppose. They still go for more than most gold-purchased items, usually, but between cash shop items and game prizes, the competition is pretty stiff, and the monthly collectible isn't quite the undisputed lord of the gear that it used to be.

Only the oldest items are uncontested kings of the market. I feel pretty stupid for having sold so many of mine, back in the day. Huge mistake. But, then, the 40,000 gold or so that they tended to sell for back then seemed like a lot at the time. Even the Halo only went for a single million or so, in those days.

It's not just that it was 2004, though. The Ice Gauntlet came out around the time that monthly collectibles were first starting to be wearable in different ways. It wasn't the first, of course, but it was one of the first, and I vividly remember playing around with it until I settled on a favorite appearance: one of the partially-extended-arm settings where the ice formed claws. It was new, back then, and really special. Unless I'm remembering wrong, nothing except for collectibles had that kind of freedom back then. The Ice Gauntlet reminds me of a time when those options were rare and precious, and while it's probably good that it's become more common since those days -- it allows for a great deal more freedom in setting up one's avatar, after all -- that time was special to me.

So... Maybe it is just that it was 2004, but if so, it's still not just that it happened to be released at that time. It's that it represents something about that time, to me, and it's a something that means a great deal to me, personally.

Romantic Elder

6,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Profitable 100
My favorite would be this months Gilt Thorns.
It's majestic and just has an awesome design to it.
For some reason, it reminds me of autumn and the Vine Trap reminds me of winter. heart

Dangerous Lunatic

12,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
My favorite November MC has to be the OMG hat. It gives off a mischievous look and looks incredibly awesome. Who wouldn't want to wear it 83

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff