Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Pawn

Before you stands a mighty castle of gothic design. It is dark and dreary surrounded by a never ending, thick, dark fog. Cresento awaits you inside as he is in charge of running The Mirage Fortress. Nicolae is only allowed to stock and ship out your purchases, however, in the back of the store stands a broken grandfather clock, if you set it to a certain time, the floor beneath you will slide out and you will find yourself trapped in a dungeon from whence you seemingly cannot escape. However, if you solve the secret puzzle contained with in, a rope will drop down for which you can climb up and knock upon a locked trapped door. This will alert Nicolae to your presence. He will then check the live video of the hidden camera that has been monitoring the dungeon, and if you are not a guard, he may let you come into his secret shop. Otherwise, you'll find out the hard way that the dungeon is really a trash compacter.

Here you may purchase items for use outside of Gaia from Cresento, such as t-shirts, body pillows, and plush dolls of the various inhabitants. If you gain entry into Nicolae's secret shop (which he's running behind Cresento's back) he would sell exclusive/rare items for gold in an almost black market type of fashion. Some items he’d sell back there would include past item grants (especially those needed for alchemy), orb bundles, and limited quantities of past cash shop items which may change on a daily or weekly basis (and he may have only 1 of a particular item for sale, or he might have several copies, but the quantity would vary as he might not be able to ‘obtain’ them very often or in large quantities without being found out). In addition to his wares, he would sell special coupons (for gold) that would give discounts on both gold and cash shop items, but in limited quantities and there might be restrictions placed on them as well (like not valid for lqi purchases).

In a relationship with several fictional men

Invisible Pants

24,200 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Winged 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
I'm too lazy to do it myself but someone should make them a hat shop

ligmaballz's Widower

Hilarious Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Doggone It! 100
They would probably run a 'goods and services' type of store, with different items and a verity of 'services' in exchange for (a lotta) gold or possibly various NPC underwears.
You need an item? They got you covered. Need someone to be..... dealt with? Good ol' Nicolae can work magic. Need an attractive man do jump naked out of a cake for a friend's birthday party? That will probably cost extra, but they can do it. Probably.
Hooray for shady hands boyfriends tag-team swindlers!

Antagonistic Agent

18,815 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Entry 2 (the more proper and logical one)

Since these guys travel a lot, why not something with travelling and... *whisper*backgrounds*whisper*.

The Shop
What
Possible names:
... you decide. Maybe I'll add some later if I can think up of something before the deadline. But the tagline has to include the word 'cap'. Maybe something like, "For all your travelling needs, like bags and caps".
Where?
I don't know. They can run it wherever, but most probably in Nicu's wagon. As said before, the Bifrost needs repairs (and that'll probably need some time), and these guys don't like to stay in the same place for a long period of time...
Of course Cres bails that out. After a series of LQs (LOL) and some time away from each other. But you get my point.
The wagon must've been remodelled or refurbished because Cres. Capella is bothered about how fancy it looks like, so from time to time, she destroys some... unnecessary parts of the wagon. Cres had made ammendments with the pony by giving her nice, expensive treats and woah look that's a nice new tack, but the unnecessary parts are unnecessary, so whenever Cres talks about putting stuff around the wagon, Capella tries to stop him by making lots of noises. Of course since she's Nicu's best girl ever, Nicu will come out and try to calm her, and try to reason out with Cres. Basically it's a never-ending tale with what they're gonna do with the exterior, but for now, it looks rather okay...

Their Roles
Nicu can be the main proprietor. I don't think Cres has been that far away from the Kuros because Kuro. So Nicu can be the default shopkeeper you talk to. The image of Nicu features him in usual Nicu stance.
Cres is just sitting behind him, probably the one managing their cash inflow, or probably reading one of the Gaia travel guides we made in Josie's thread. Cres needs much lighter clothes since the conditions in the wagon aren't like that in the Bifrost, so he shouldn't be wearing his fancy coat in here.
Maybe they could be wearing their alternate costumes (seen in reapersun's artist card).

Merchandise
Travel equipment like:
>> Bags
>> Caps (this doesn't mean captains)
>> Cooking equipment
>> First-aid kits
>> Maps and travel guides
>> Special travel clothing (you know, stuff like snow boots, sand shoes, hiking shoes, etc)
>> Other travel clothing
>> Tents, sleeping bags, hammocks
>> Special gear and other useful trinkets
>> Etc.
And backgrounds, like lakes, trees, skies, aurorae, rainbows, other scenic places, clouds, snow, storm, etc.
Of course they're not out of the alchemy business! Who are you kidding? This is science and the quest for science is never-ending! (Sorry to say, it's just a side-quest now, ever since they managed to swap their bodies and back. XD) Click under their "talk to" buttons to go to the secret alchemy shop (which actually, that's what Cres is in charge of). ;D

Shop Dialogues
For Cres it'll probs be his usual 'don't bother me' dialogue, with the addition of some stuff, like below:
>> Nicolae's there for a reason. Go bother him.
>> Be quiet.
>> What? Did you break anything? Or did Nicolae break something?
>> I refuse to answer any of your nonsensical questions.
>> Yes, we're still in the alchemy business.
>> Yes, we sell caps. No, that doesn't refer to captains.
For Nicu it's probs:
>> Nah! He's not one of the caps we're referrin' to, ya silly fella!
>> Don't mind Cresento. He's just plannin' our next trip.
>> Yeah, I still do alchemy. It's in my blood. It's just a side business now, tho'.
>> It's tough since this is my third shopkeepin' since I moved here, but a guy's gotta make do with the changin' times.
>> It feels weird to be back here, to be honest. But hey, I have my house, I have my girl, and I have Cresento.
>> I owe Cresento big time. Don't tell him that tho'. He might ask me exactly how big I'm talkin' about.

... okay somehow this became even weirder but I'm beginning to believe in this shop and if Prez makes this true I'm going to celebrate and ally with the D-Party.

Wild-Haired Crimester

28,550 Points
  • Craziest Hair Award 1000
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Champion Cardholder 100
My Entry, the Nonsensical story:

Lemonade Stand

After an untimely problem with Nyx taking over Cresento's ship, and the fact that Nicolae had his own shop possessed, the two were met with a fate worse than death. Okay, maybe not that bad.

In Cresento's grasp was a letter, in violent toxic green, with mad red lettering that could only be written by one man/creature/thing. President Diedrich.

"What is this," was all he could mutter upon staring at the obnoxious letter.

"Looks like you owe taxes," Nicolae snickered before spotting his name in the letter, too. "Hey wait a second--"

"As if he could get any gold out of you," Cresento bit back before pointing to some small print. "What." It was all he could muster. "He wants us to open a...Lemonade Stand as an alternate to our previous jobs?" What in unholy hell was he thinking? Cresento immediately took that back. The President did NOT think.

"Well you are in luck, Cap, because I know how to make a damn good stand," Nicolae boasted with one rather smarmy grin. Cresento could only glower at him in return. As if he wanted to work with this bum even longer than he already had to.

[After several hours]

The shop itself was a poorly put together box shafted by rusty nails and wood that was probably stolen from someone's half destroyed shop. 'No one will miss it,' was the way that Nicolae had put it. A large board on two spindly rods that could barely hold its weight sat above with the word 'Limonade' on it. Two seats were behind it, of course for the two that had to commandeer the place.

"You spelled Lemonade wrong," Cresento hissed at the glaringly obvious error. It was an affront to his eyes.

"Eh?" Nicolae looked at the board and sounded it out slowly. "Li-mon-ade. Looks right enough."

"Eugh," came escaping Cresento's mouth before he waved his hand. "Whatever. When I get my ship back this stand will be the last of my worries. Why don't you run the shop and do the selling. I'll make the product." That way he wouldn't have to deal with any imbeciles that might actually buy from them.

"If that suits your fancy," Nicolae grinned, taking a seat and setting out a jar that read 'PUT CASH HERE' on it.

[Later on]

Cresento had finished hand squeezing lemons, which had surprisingly reduced a large amount of stress he was dealing with at that moment. Though arriving at the stand, he found Nicolae practically swindling a customer.

"Top grade lemons, my friend, touched by only rich hands! You need to pay premium price for this kind of thing." Nicolae's toothy grin spelled out 'seedy' in all manner of ways.

"Dude, bro, not going to pay 3 bil for juice," said the disgruntled customer. "Nor am I forking out my Gcash for that." And off he went.

"THREE BILLION?" Cresento looked at Nicolae like he was nuts. "NO ONE is going to pay that kind of money for this...this bilge water." He slammed the pitcher down. "What are you thinking?!"

Nicolae shrugged his shoulders, "Hey, the letter said that's what we owed, I thought we might as well try to get it done in one fell swoop, eh?" That grin came back on his face and Cresento could feel a vein in his head starting to throb. He was going to murder someone.

"I need to go squeeze more lemons," Cresento eventually gritted out, turning away before he actually acted on what he was thinking.

The End

Celestial Dreamer

61,850 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Short time required for this one. Also not sure why it's for Cresento and Nicolae when they already have a shack together...

I imagine Cresento would switch his design/magic skills over to design sophisticated menswear with an Irish heritage flair, leaving Brennivin threatened, but enough distracted by the war efforts to go into producing magic vehicle fleets full-time. Kanoko would be out of work (again) and come be a creaky third wheel on the Bifrost, pushing for Cresento to make things besides menswear (b-but it's not like he did it for her, b-baka). Gaia gets more high-end clothing AND enough magical warships to send Gino and everyone on a second magical airship adventure after Nyx's defeat.
The end~

Ruthless Bachelorette

12,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
The Bifrost

(Or we could change it, doesn't really matter)

Theme:
Red, Gold, shades of Brown

Detailed items on the outside:
Steering is all located in the glass enclosure up top deck.
The Balloon’s colors are based off of Nicola’s scarf. THIS BABAY FLIES!
The back wings, which are based off of Cresento’s hat pin, guide the ship.
The shop’s logo also is an actual anchor.
Two large windows on each side for round about view.

Detailed items on the inside:
The front is Cresento’s area.
A front desk with a name tag.
Picture frames of stuff, like him and Nicola’s or their epic battles, litter the wall. Crates stacked all around.
Behind the desk is a bookshelf filled with books, a lamp, and a statue of Diedrich. (seeing as he is ordering this)

Details from secret room:
Picking up the Diedrich statue, the bookshelf swings open and this is Nicola’s area.
A small dark room filled with a desk, also with a name plate for him.
A single large chair based off of Nicola’s colors and Cresento’s wing pin again.
Large red curtains draped around the room.
Behind these drapes you can catch glimpses of red eyes staring at you. Just…staring.

Merchandise:
Surprise boxes/ Chance Bags
Cresento = He sells the normal, smaller bags. Filled with random small priced items. Perhaps some more through backs. Maybe even RECOLORS? Yeah, Yeah?

Nicolas = He sells the higher priced, more valuable bags. These items could be event related or a chance at obtaining a highly placed item or event item. Would love to see more pets seeing as how many were added in GoFusion.

Summary:
Front is Cheap and common
Back is Expensive and valuable

WARNING, LARGE IMAGES!
Blueprints

The outside

Please forgive me for the anchor not showing up too well. Bad lighting. But looks exactly like the original logo!
User Image

The inside (Cresento's)

Bottom right are the crates. Picture frames left blank. And 'Diedrich' statue to the left with an air bubble with his face on it. Face can change expression if desired.User Image

The secret inside (Nicola's)

This is just one view of the room. User Image

Extra: Give them something as well, but to do with Philospher's Cache. PLEASE! Let us trade them in for game items or something besides alchemy. Like how you can get Ink from Durem Depot, or Tattoes form Devin. Make it to where when we give a certain amount of Caches, we get something for trading them in.
Sell president diedrich items in a big green tent with a pair of giant statues of president diedrich on horseback flanking the entrance.

Friendly Traveler

Entry:

Name of store: Diedrich's Deals

Who runs it: President Diedrich, but he can't be bothered to tend to the store. He has many important presidential duties to attend to instead. He is happy as long as he gets his tax money and leaves the rest to Cresento and Nicolae to do with as they please.
Head Manager: Cresento
Manager: Nicolae
Employees/Underlings: Nameless blokes they conned into working for them

What it looks like: A massive building that sits in the center of Gaia acting as its own private island due to its sheer volume and size and location, and it can be seen from space. Yes, all alien invaders are welcome here.
Cresento's Airship rests at the top of the building in the Air Ship Parking Area. There would be a parking fee for any other flying vehicles to park up there.

The building's facade is an inviting combination of red and gold. Where the sign reads "Diedrich's Deals" there is an image of President Diedrich on the right side giving a thumbs up, showing that this store has the president's seal of approval.

The building is obnoxious and extremely eye-catching. No visitor can forget what they see once their eyes rest upon its shimmering glory. It compels everyone to enter through its massive automated double-door entrance down a red carpet trimmed with gold, making everyone feel like a king when they step through those doors. For a small fee, shoppers and visitors can even dress like royalty and get their picture taken out front in the designated area.

What Diedrich's Deals is all about: President Diedrich wanted a store. This is his store.

The store's setup is similar to that of a Swap Meet or Flee Market offering a wide variety of items. It has an efficient organizational system and tasteful decor. A vast selection of goods can be found here in a very organized fashion ranging from extremely valuable to ridiculously cheap. This is the store for anyone's budget, big or small.

It is also perfect for those looking to impress and who want to pretend to be richer than they actually are. All they have to do is go to the section titled "Priceless Fake Artifacts" and purchase an extremely well done fake item that looks like the real deal to the naked untrained eye.

Cresento proudly displays exclusive high end items in an extremely well guarded room dubbed "The Excelsior Room." You are only allowed entry if he deems you worthy enough to step in. IE: If you are rich enough.

For the warriors and those wishing to take up battlement, there is the war room entitled "To Battle!" with all manner of weapons to outfit yourself or your vehicle for the battle(s) to come. There is an adjoining room for sparring and weapon's testing.

For any and all alchemist needs, caches and formulas can be found in the alchemy department of Diedrich's Deals, entitled "Back Alley Bifrost."

In addition to sifting through a never-ending collection of items found from all over Gaia and the universe, traveling salesman and representatives of other stores are able to sell their own goods here for a small fee. Diedrich's Deals will take a percentage of the sale.

Special Promotion: Wealthy shoppers who are looking to invest and be a part of a VIP club are able to buy a Gold Club Card. It costs 500 billion gold pieces to join. Those that can afford to be a part of this exclusive club have access to multiple benefits, promotions, and deals like no other. A constant benefit is that the investor will receive a certain percentage of profit each month depending on Diedrich's Deals's sales. They are likely to earn their initial investment of 500 Billion back in only a few years.

The promotions and deals change monthly, so it's best to talk to Cresento about what is currently being offered if you are thinking about joining. You have the best chance by getting straight to the point as he does not like having his time wasted with idle chit-chat. Otherwise he will direct you to Nicolae. Once you do join, you will receive a weekly and daily newsletter detailing what perk you are entitled to that day or month. One of the biggest perks is first access to new goods that are brought in.

Other Promotions: Be sure to be around when President Diedrich stops by. When he graces the store with his magnificent presence, he gives random items away to shoppers. The items given away will range in worth from extremely cheap to extremely valuable.

Once a week (in Gaia time) there is a special item mark down event. Items in limited quantity will be for sell at a fraction of their original price. Once a month a few special marked down items will be from The Excelsior Room. Investors will keep a sharp eye out for deals.

Sporadically there will be certain item(s) chosen by Nicolae and Cresento deemed "Nicolae's Choice" and "Cresento's Choice" and "President Diedrich's Choice" respectively that are marked down for a limited time.

The Store Within A Store: Nicolae, unbeknownst to Cresento, has a secret underground market with extremely rare items that he has never shown Cresento as well as a few cheaper items. Nicolae's underground market spans the entire width and length of the Diedrich's Deals building, spidering out in a tunnel-like fashion. You have to really know where you are going otherwise you can easily get lost.
There are "games" that occur each week in which you can either bet on or participate in, depending on the nature of the game.
You can only gain access to his underground market by knowing the secret password and knowing where to enter the password.
I think Diedrich should have his own store.
Maybe a converted Laundromat.

Lily-livered Lunatic

52,475 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Object of Affection 150
They should run a shop where you can buy cheap knockoffs of all the most popular items, but they would be such bad knockoff that they would be funny and bizarre.
It would have to be a very portable shop, like an airship or Nicolae's wagon, so they can pack up quickly and get away before the cops show up.

Codebreaking Reveler

-- Precious Odds 'n Ends and Treasures --

Nicolae: "Welcome to POET(s). Please come inside. Does this little trinket look familiar? ..why, of course it does! It would be absolutely perfect in your home. In fact, this lovely trifle may have already found its way into your heart and so it simply must be yours."

The shop is an intriguing hodgepodge of steampunk antiquity and sophistication. Cresento is our responsible yet stoic shopkeeper, while Nicolae is more of a.. dabbler of sorts. These unique and highly- prized pieces of merchandise are the talk of the town ( ..in Durem, of course ), but hadn't you seen these items somewhere before?

Devoted Man-Lover

18,400 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
gaia_diamond

Deadly Deadeye

52,100 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
How about a shop that specializes in magical pets, companions and summons. Cresento would take care of the day to day business while Nicolae procured the good for the shop. Only the dangerous creatures would be locked up so there would be critters running all over the store getting on Cresento's nerves, but secretly he likes all the cute critters running around. They say they don't deal in the truly dangerous and deadly but I'm sure if you speak with Nicolae he could help you out.

Benevolent Lunatic

24,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
Shop Name: Barton Tea Party

Type of Shop: Tea and Spice Shop

Products and Wares: Specialty teas and spices. Obviously Cresento and Nicolae cannot get away from crafting and making things, so they would be experimenting with different recipes. One recipe would be Dragon Breathe Tea. The drinker would temporarily be granted the ability to breath fire, and on rare occasions, turn them into Dragons. There would be spices that allow you to enter other people's dreams or grow muscle instantly.

There would of course be risks* with these pricey concoctions, but who really cares? Everyone loves Cresento and Nicolae and they really like helping them create things by giving them their money. It's all for a better future anyway, right?

*Risks include, but at not limited to: Effects of products lasting indefinitely; Unconsciousness; Headache; Hallucinations of the Easter Bunny; Death; Smelling like cooked broccoli; Becoming a zombie/grombie; Having a giant owl follow you around; Addicted to tapioca pudding; compulsively making blanket forts; Always smelling cat farts when you inhale; And wearing a bra on your head for no reason. If you suffer any of these, you should contact Cresento and Nicolae for a costly antidote right away.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff