Welcome to Gaia! ::

Star Fairy

How long does it usually take to upload a video onto Youtube? And does it make a differece if done using and iPad Mini with a Youtube app (versus PC, Laptop, etc)?

I'm still at 0% crying

The video itself iw 12 minutes, 53 seconds
*Uploading

Think of it this way:
Downloading ▽ - from the internet (Heaven) to your computer/device (Earth)
Uploading △ - from your computer/device (Earth) to the internet (Heaven)

The more you know.

Anyways, it depends on both your internet's upload speed and the file type and size that it's uploading up there. If that file you're uploading is 12+ minutes, then I imagine that it's a huge-a** file you're trying to upload. In which case, it'll take forever.

I recommend you re-encode the video with Handbrake with its Regular MP4 settings so that it'll make it a smaller file (with the same quality) and it'll be faster to upload up on YouTube.

Also, it kind of does make a difference if you upload it with your iPad or whatever in comparison to a computer because of the network cards (or whatever they have inside that lets you access the internet wirelessly) inside the devices are slightly weaker than that of a computer's.

Star Fairy

The Only Sentinel
*Uploading

Think of it this way:

The more you know.

Anyways, it depends on both your internet's upload speed and the file type and size that it's uploading up there. If that file you're uploading is 12+ minutes, then I imagine that it's a huge-a** file you're trying to upload. In which case, it'll take forever.

I recommend you re-encode the video with Handbrake with its Regular MP4 settings so that it'll make it a smaller file (with the same quality) and it'll be faster to upload up on YouTube.

The icon on the app says uploading, so I'll call it uploading. And I'm pretty sure I'm using the right word anyway, since the video is going to Youtube.

And I'm pretty sure I mentioned iPad, aka the thing that's not a computer and can't download programs. Heaven forbid I try downloading a program on the ancient home PC; it would probably be faster from my iPad anyway.

Thanks for replying, at least
TheGoatZodiac
The icon on the app says uploading, so I'll call it uploading. And I'm pretty sure I'm using the right word anyway, since the video is going to Youtube.

And I'm pretty sure I mentioned iPad, aka the thing that's not a computer and can't download programs. Heaven forbid I try downloading a program on the ancient home PC; it would probably be faster from my iPad anyway.

I was correcting your title, since it says "Downloading". But no biggie, let's drop that.
Check my post that you replied to, looks like I edited it too late for you to see:

The Only Sentinel
*Uploading

Think of it this way:

The more you know.

Also, it kind of does make a difference if you upload it with your iPad or whatever in comparison to a computer because of the network cards (or whatever they have inside that lets you access the internet wirelessly) inside the devices are slightly weaker than that of a computer's.

Star Fairy

The Only Sentinel
TheGoatZodiac

I was correcting your title, since it says "Downloading". But no biggie, let's drop that.
Check my post that you replied to, looks like I edited it too late for you to see:

The Only Sentinel
*Uploading

Think of it this way:

The more you know.

Ah I see now, sorry 'bout that!

Alright, so it would take me longer to upload via iPad. *Sigh,* nothing I can do about that for now, but that's good to know if I ever need to upload a video again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff