Welcome to Gaia! ::

My computer is in one room and my xbox in 3 rooms away with my T.V. I have broadband internet connection. I was wondering would a router work for hooking my Xbox to Xbox live? My T.V. and computer are about 20 feet away from eachother. Whats a good kind of router I could use?
Linksys wireless routers are awesome for gaming and have great reception
Which ever kind your budget allows. Wireless standard is not an issue, since it will be bottlenecked by your broadband connection's speed anyways. Also, try and get the first-party Xbox Wireless Adapter (around $100). You can set that one up right in the Xbox Dashboard.
My Conscience
My computer is in one room and my xbox in 3 rooms away with my T.V. I have broadband internet connection. I was wondering would a router work for hooking my Xbox to Xbox live? My T.V. and computer are about 20 feet away from eachother. Whats a good kind of router I could use?

you have to buy a special x-box router 50 bux i think...try best buy
Or do it like me, get a router 50ft Cat5 cable and boom! biggrin really cheap to would run you aobut 60 bucks or under.
You could get a WiFi router, but it shoul be 802.11g, and you would also need to buy a Linksys game adapter, which will set you back yet another $40-$70. Cheapest option is to run a cable.
That's a lie perpetrated by the tech industry to get people to waste money. The XB can be treated like any other computer with a network interface card. You can manually set the addresses for everything from the dashboard. When I had an XB on my network, its address was 192.168.0.10, because X = 10, roror. It was connected directly to the hub, no retarded special hardware required.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff