Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Flip-Flopper

15,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Fluff Reclamation 250
I just got this Toshiba laptop for my birthday a few months ago.
There has been no problems with it so far...except just now.

I was playing some zOMG and clicking on some music in a folder.
It would only open things in a new window and would not let me type.
Yet, I could use key commands in zOMG.

Any ideas?

Quotable Noob

Does not sound like a laptop issue, maybe a flash player issue

Update
Tapil

Update
...flash player isn't the problem, lmao.

If flash was the problem, "zOMG" wouldn't even launch. In my opinion it seems like malware, it shouldn't just disable your keypad when choosing music in what ever folder.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/computers-technology/spyware-adware-virus-trojan-rootkit-keylogger-removal-guide/t.56156111/
Ponchos
Tapil

Update

If flash was the problem, "zOMG" wouldn't even launch. In my opinion it seems like malware, it shouldn't just disable your keypad when choosing music in what ever folder.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/computers-technology/spyware-adware-virus-trojan-rootkit-keylogger-removal-guide/t.56156111/

"Hey my computer has a random problem"

"MUST BE A VIRUS!"

Sheesh...

It COULD be a flash player issue. It COULD be a browser issue. Try playing in a different browser, see if it makes a difference.
Aven Donn
Ponchos
Tapil

Update

"MUST BE A VIRUS!"

Sheesh...

It COULD be a flash player issue. It COULD be a browser issue. Try playing in a different browser, see if it makes a difference.
You judged my post as a right up "MUST BE A VIRUS!" how ever, I did NOT type any of that, nor did I presume it was that, I posted to HELP and TROUBLE shoot this problem. Stop over using quotation marks, also.
Ponchos
Aven Donn
Ponchos
Tapil

Update

"MUST BE A VIRUS!"

Sheesh...

You judged my post as a right up "MUST BE A VIRUS!" how ever, I did NOT type any of that, nor did I presume it was that, I posted to HELP and TROUBLE shoot this problem. Stop over using quotation marks, also.

Quote:
In my opinion it seems like malware,

You were saying?
Aven Donn
Ponchos
Aven Donn
Ponchos
Tapil

Update

"MUST BE A VIRUS!"

Sheesh...

Quote:

You were saying?
That's better, I didn't type second from above what you quoted. Even if it's an example, it's arrogant and pathetic.

Please actually read my posts THE FIRST time instead of me helping you out ^______________^?
Ponchos
Aven Donn
Ponchos
Aven Donn
Ponchos

"MUST BE A VIRUS!"

Sheesh...

Quote:

You were saying?
That's better, I didn't type second from above what you quoted. Even if it's an example, it's arrogant and pathetic.

Please actually read my posts THE FIRST time instead of me helping you out ^______________^?

Playing the arrogance game are we? You told him it's malware. Malware and virus pretty much always mean the same thing. Unwanted software that ******** with your computer's operation. You told him it couldn't be a flash player issue (when it could) and said it's a malware. Thus my ridicule of your suggestion.

Oh and let's play the logical fallacy game. I see your argument from semantics and raise you an argument from authority. I'm an ISTQB certified software tester. So when I say that it's possible for flash to cause this kind of thing, I know what I'm talking about. Mostly because, that if a virus can cause it, so can flash.
Aven Donn
Ponchos
Aven Donn
Ponchos
Aven Donn

"MUST BE A VIRUS!"

Sheesh...

Quote:

You were saying?

Playing the arrogance game are we? You told him it's malware. Malware and virus pretty much always mean the same thing. Unwanted software that ******** with your computer's operation. You told him it couldn't be a flash player issue (when it could) and said it's a malware. Thus my ridicule of your suggestion.

Oh and let's play the logical fallacy game. I see your argument from semantics and raise you an argument from authority. I'm an ISTQB certified software tester. So when I say that it's possible for flash to cause this kind of thing, I know what I'm talking about. Mostly because, that if a virus can cause it, so can flash.
You're being arrogant again, lmao. Who the ******** cares what and who you work with, it doesn't mean you know every thing! I'd be so embarrassed to even work AROUND you.
Ponchos
Aven Donn
Ponchos
Aven Donn
Ponchos

Quote:

You were saying?

You're being arrogant again, lmao. Who the ******** cares what and who you work with, it doesn't mean you know every thing! I'd be so embarrassed to even work AROUND you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
Ponchos
Aven Donn
Ponchos
Aven Donn
Ponchos

Quote:

You were saying?

*bursts into argument*
So he's a total arrogant d**k(in your opinion assuming). Does that somehow make his argument less true?

Quotable Noob

Ponchos
Tapil

Update

I was tipped for that post and thanked as problem was solved. Troll harder.
Ponchos
Tapil

Update

Yeah, no. These kinds of Flash problems are commonplace on Windows, and it's well known that strange behavior in Flash can sometimes be solved by using Adobe's flash uninstaller tool or updating to a new version.
ITT argumentative OP is lucky to get anyone helping him at all.

6,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
Just to make it sure that your system is not infected with any malware, trojans, etc.. how about try downloading Advanced System Care? This software is free and it will basically help you with detecting any trojans/malware, registry errors, hard drives' bad sectors, etc.. You can download this from the site below.:

http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-SystemCare-Free/3000-2086_4-10407614.html

P.S. If you cannot download and install this file into your computer, try downloading it from a different computer and transfer it via flashdrive (usb drive).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff