Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you need more pictures, just ask.

User Image

User Image

It's exactly the same as that on both of the computers.
They were working perfectly, then when I turned on the computer in the morning it's like that.

I've tried unconnecting it, then reconnecting, it still doesn't work.
Have you tried resetting the router?

Unplug it, let it sit for about 15 seconds then plug it back in.

Have you tried the "repair" function with the networking devices?
unicycler
Have you tried resetting the router?

Unplug it, let it sit for about 15 seconds then plug it back in.

Have you tried the "repair" function with the networking devices?

I've tried the repair function on both computers.
I've also unpluged the networking thingy and waited, then plugged it back in,- it didn't help.
Under the network card, properties, did you set the IP or do you let windows set it?
It looks like neither units are receiving a signal, have you tried under the wireless tools to scan for available networks?
unicycler
Under the network card, properties, did you set the IP or do you let windows set it?

Uh, I'm confuzzled.
How do I get there?
RconIV
It looks like neither units are receiving a signal, have you tried under the wireless tools to scan for available networks?

Wireless tools?

Sorry, I know nothing about networking.
Go start, settings, network connections.

There should be one that says wireless network connection.

Right click that icon and go to properties. Go to the wireless networks tab. View wireless networks.
unicycler
Go start, settings, network connections.

There should be one that says wireless network connection.

Right click that icon and go to properties. Go to the wireless networks tab. View wireless networks.

It says that there are no wireless network connections found.
I've run it on both computers.
It may sound stupid, but have you checked wether they are in the range of the router?
Gruffer
It may sound stupid, but have you checked wether they are in the range of the router?

How do I check?
It's always worked, I havn't moved them.
cuteguy_14
Gruffer

How do I check?

Then that can't be the problem, also check if there's nothing that might be interfering with the signal (wouldn't hang magnets or something near a router).
Gruffer
cuteguy_14
Gruffer

How do I check?

Then that can't be the problem, also check if there's nothing that might be interfering with the signal (wouldn't hang magnets or something near a router).

Hmm..
No, there isn't.
Good.
Did you update any drivers?
cuteguy_14
Gruffer

How do I check?

Try connecting when you are as close to the router as possible. My house mate had a problem where she couldn't connect at random times despite being within the known range of the router, in the end I discovered that it always worked when it was close so I moved the router to a new location and now all is happy smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff