Welcome to Gaia! ::

I kinda miss the old start menu. For stuff i use regularly the start screen is ok (even though i would like more options to place the tiles. For example i'd like to place groups with less elements under each other), but if i'm looking for something and can't remember the name (i'm not good with names, especially if i only use the program in question once or twice a year) looking over this weird list is not comfortable.

Omnipresent Pawn

W8 is something that simply looked stupid when I saw its previews, but then I got it on a new laptop right before its debut on the market, so I didn't really have a chance to care. I was taking a W7 course during this time, so I had already known that, for the most-part, I would use it as I had with W7 once I got on the desktop app.

But then I used its visuals and, for me, it's something that makes a lot of sense?? Like there were the usual things of needing updated drivers for drawing tablets and just readjusting, but other than that it was easy to uninstall the pre-installed programs that I didn't want; any I kept, I just needed to turn the live ones "off" and it was instantly better. I will always advocate getting the Sype for the desktop app than using the W8 app solely because that works horribly; same with the Chrome app, but that's because I can't stand it.
Granted, I don't do much besides internet, light gaming, music/video, and recreational drawing. But having two screens that act as a desktop was great for me. I can't stand cluttered desktops and I'm overly-organized on the computer in general (my external is the same, my folders abyss), so I could make use of keeping things neat and tidy. Both had different shortcuts, but they pretty much worked. Anything more tech savvy, of course, I can't judge since I just don't care about it.

In any case, for about four or so months, my laptop's been dead so I have used older pcs and a laptop in the meantime. The pcs have W7 and as I remembered, it was really not much different. Just not my preference. For the laptop, it's Vista and I can't stand its navigation-locations-whatever, but it works better overall (better computer specs) so I'm using it instead. And two weeks ago, I got to see my friend's still-has-the-plastic-protection-on new laptop which hosts W8, and while she hates it (her laptop is sensitive near the Windows button thing so it switches on her), I was just in jealous awe. I gave her the apps advice I mentioned above, but it seems she's just not used to it yet. She probably won't mind it as much after another month of usage. It looked like it's a huge improvement from her outdated laptop in any case, so I think the ease of use will help her adjust.

When I get my new pc, I'll be super elated because I'll have W8 again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff