Welcome to Gaia! ::

the MAD ODDIE's Senpai

Dapper Dabbler

So, yesterday I was doing a full system virus scan using avast, and it came up with three viruses, apparently Win 32s. Even when I did the boot scan it still came up. Anyways, I moved both results of the scans to the chest for the time being, and began to follow the sticky with Basic Removal. I disabled the restore system, ran Hijackthis, and did another full system scan. But the viruses didn’t show up again. Is that because I moved them to the chest? And if so, will I have to restore them? Or could it be a false positive? I’ve heard Win 32 viruses are pretty nasty the longer they are left on a computer so I’m worried and want to get this fixed ASAP D:

Here are the results of the viruses from the full system scan
Here are the results of the viruses from the boot scan
can i have your hotjackthis log please i will check for more with a tool.please just the link from pastbin.

the MAD ODDIE's Senpai

Dapper Dabbler

Here it is. It's the one I took before I did the second virus scan, but I can do it again if you need it.

the MAD ODDIE's Senpai

Dapper Dabbler

Oops! i've just realized I've accidentally only pasted half of the log ^^;;
Here is the full one.
The hijackthis looks normal.There is 1 file on there i do not know what it is for maybe one of the others can tell you.
http://www.hijackthis.de/#anl

btw sorry this link is not pulling up your log with the page.I am not sure if it dose or not never tryed but i linked you to it so if you wanted to see the log not knowing it wont show sorry.

the MAD ODDIE's Senpai

Dapper Dabbler

I can't see the link you gave me, it just links me to the paste page.
Contest: Holy crap, have you even read the sticky? YOu see those three files? rkill.com, scr, and exe? THOSE ARE THE TOOLS I PUT IN THE STICKY TO SHUT DOWN INFECTIONS.
This is a false detection.

@Ribbon: Hi, I'm Yuki, I'm the guy who manages that guide. those are not viruses, but tools made to remove viruses. What scanner are you using?

the MAD ODDIE's Senpai

Dapper Dabbler

I'm using avast. Strangely, I've had rkill and avast on my computer for ages, and I scan at least once a week so if it's false I don't know why avast is bringing up those now. Unless it was something to do with an avast update that caused it to flag the tools as viruses?
Probably. It's odd.....
Yuki the Third
Contest: Holy crap, have you even read the sticky? YOu see those three files? rkill.com, scr, and exe? THOSE ARE THE TOOLS I PUT IN THE STICKY TO SHUT DOWN INFECTIONS.

@Ribbon: Hi, I'm Yuki, I'm the guy who manages that guide. those are not viruses, but tools made to remove viruses. What scanner are you using?
I am not great at reading hijackthis logs sorry.I was only able to point out one file on there so like i said i pointed the user to you vet members(or vet techs ether way you want to look at it).Again sorry if i messed up.
Contest and Guild
Yuki the Third

I am not great at reading hijackthis logs sorry.I was only able to point out one file on there so like i said i pointed the user to you vet members(or vet techs ether way you want to look at it).Again sorry if i messed up.
you didn't even need to read hijackthis logs. Just read the guide I made, and look at the pictures she posted.

the MAD ODDIE's Senpai

Dapper Dabbler

Legal Bump

I would like a clear answer, if at all possible.
RiiBBON
Legal Bump

I would like a clear answer, if at all possible.
As we said multiple times, this is a false detection and everything is fine.

the MAD ODDIE's Senpai

Dapper Dabbler

Oh, lol. Sorry, it wasn't made clear to me ^^;;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out