Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you have wildtangent?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 17, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.

Many people don't know it (as did I) but the gaming program created by Java, Wildtangent, is actually spyware. There are many sites on the internet (just run a google search on "Wildtangent" wink about how it is bad for your computer, even though the creater claims it is not. On the internet ther are also many ways to get rid of it, because a odd thing about this program is that for some people its impossible to uninstall it one way, but thats how it worked for another person.
How I got it to uninstall was I went into "My Computer", opened up the Program Files, and deleted the Wildtangent folder inside, with everything it had in it, then went to Install/Uninstall programs, and uninstalled wildtangent, restared the computer imediattly, and it was gone xd
I'd previously tried many things that did not work.
~Leam ninja
Indeed it is.

OMG U NO WAHT I FOUND OUT YEZTERDAY!/1/
WELL I HAD DIS KEWL MUNKEY THING ON MY COMPUTER N HE TELLD JOKES N STUFF BUT I HURD HE IS SPYWARE BUT HE WAS SO CUTE crying crying
Yes. Wildtangent is <i>riddled</i> with spyware. I spent the better part of a weekend trying to get it out of a system where some little kids had installed it.

It likes to hide pieces of itself and reinstall later. stressed
I personally don't like the difficulty with getting rid of wildtangent software. It's like trying to get rid of the AOL software that keeps spaming about signing up with them...
Um...No s**t sherlock xd
wildtagent does = spyware. I dont use and i dont see the need to besides some online games that arent that greeat anyways.
Yes now if only AIM didn't install it with itself. Solved that problem by dumping AIM
Usually, I find that uninstalling the program, finding and destroying source files, scanning for adware and flushing the registry are good ways to ensure the demise of some of the more tenacious unwanted programs. Still, there are some evasive buggers.
It is? Wow.

I deleted the Wild Tangent folder off of my computer and everytime I restart my computer it says "Folder not found". stressed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff