Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, I know laptops for gaming are considered a big NO but I have no space for a desktop and need the convienence of a laptop. I have a budget of only about $400 is what I can afford..I want something definitely for school but also some occasional gaming. Not super high end games but games like League of Legends and Archeage Online. Possibly a bit of World of Warcraft, and TERA Online. Nothing too fancy. So I found these laptops for my price range and was wondering which one is the best one? And are these okay for gaming?

Lenovo ThinkPad
Amazon.com:Â*Customer Reviews: Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E545 20B20011US 15.6" Laptop, AMD A6-5350M 2.9GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD, AMD Radeon HD 8450G, Windows 7 Pro (Upgrade to Win 8 Pro Ready)

HP 15-G010DX
HP 15-G010DX 15.6" Laptop PC - AMD Quad-Core A6-6310 / 4GB Memory / 500GB HD / DVD±RW/CD-RW / HD Webcam / Windows 8.1 / Black Licorice at Amazon.com

I dont know how long these are going to be on sale but I would like to get some responses ASAP Thank you
They are both on par spec-wise. But i would go for the Lenovo model. Cause the HP model has Windows 8 pre-installed, Windows 8 sucks.
Though most HP models are supported with drivers for windows 7 on their website.
Processor-wise, both have their respective advantages: on the one hand, you have Lenovo's 5350 whose operating frequency is higher compared to the HP's 6310, but the 6310 has more processing cores, which makes it easier and more convenient in handling multiple processes or multi-tasking.

Both graphic cards have no dedicated video RAM, which is fine, given that both laptops have 4 gb RAM and that's alright for MMOs like LoL and every casual game ever. High end games can run on both as well, on low settings, of course. The R4 has better clock rates and just better overall specs compared to the 8450 (assuming this is Beemo), but really, both are pretty great.

If I were you though, I'd get the Lenovo between the two. HP laptops are known for the issue of overheating- which is one of the worst problems gamers experience. Plus, yeah, while I'm aware you can easily downgrade from Windows 8- having it pre-installed is a bit of a doozy. Downer, really.

tl;dr: follow ur heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces