Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gracious Flatterer

7,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
My Dad is planning to buy a gadget, and he ask me which one he will buy, I wasn't sure if I should go with the Laptop or the Tablet. I need your advice, it's really confusing. gonk
Depends on what you are going to use it for.
If you have any sort of plans for typing then a laptop is going to normally be your best option.
Laptops have greater functionality than tablets, but if you're looking for transportation convenience, e.g. to and from high school or university if you have to travel far, then a tablet could be your best bet.

If your dad doesn't need it for work, a laptop would be nice. It does everything a computer does.
Kerfuffy
Laptops have greater functionality than tablets, but if you're looking for transportation convenience, e.g. to and from high school or university if you have to travel far, then a tablet could be your best bet.

If your dad doesn't need it for work, a laptop would be nice. It does everything a computer does.

Except play games

Enduring Friend

The rose in spring

Except play games

What..? My laptop plays thousands of games.
elemein
The rose in spring

Except play games

Can it play Far Cry 3 on the highest settings and if it can't can you upgrade it so you can?

Enduring Friend

The rose in spring
elemein
The rose in spring

Except play games

Can it play Far Cry 3 on the highest settings and if it can't can you upgrade it so you can?

Mine? No.

But this one can: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-MSI-GX60-Notebook.86283.0.html

And since when is Far Cry 3 at high settings the only version of gaming? Since when can a tablet do this? I'm sorry, your argument is moot.
elemein
The rose in spring
elemein
The rose in spring

Except play games

Mine? No.

But this one can: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-MSI-GX60-Notebook.86283.0.html

And since when is Far Cry 3 at high settings the only version of gaming? Since when can a tablet do this? I'm sorry, your argument is moot.

No my argument is valid. She said that laptops can do anything computer-related. In a way, it's true, but it lacks in gaming unless you buy a $1,500 laptop that is only good for 2 years.

Enduring Friend

The rose in spring
elemein
The rose in spring
elemein
The rose in spring

Except play games

Mine? No.

No my argument is valid. She said that laptops can do anything computer-related. In a way, it's true, but it lacks in gaming unless you buy a $1,500 laptop that is only good for 2 years.

And any computer can play Far Cry 3 at highest settings? Even my old 4 year old Athlon X2 got for 400$?

Too many variables, and FC3 should not even be used as a benchmark.
The rose in spring
Hey Rose, welcome to the tech section. I"ll give you the same welcome I gave the other EDers who came here.
Read the rules, don't post false information, and don't dickwag. And welcome smile

For now, let's let OP come back and answer so we know what they're going to use it for.
Yuki the Third
The rose in spring
Hey Rose, welcome to the tech section. I"ll give you the same welcome I gave the other EDers who came here.
Read the rules, don't post false information, and don't dickwag. And welcome smile

For now, let's let OP come back and answer so we know what they're going to use it for.

Well problem number 1 is that I can't really dickwag regardless and c**t-wagging is just pathetic. Problem number 2 is that I have realized that desktops are better than laptops and laptops are better than tablets.
The rose in spring
Yuki the Third
The rose in spring

Well problem number 1 is that I can't really dickwag regardless and c**t-wagging is just pathetic. Problem number 2 is that I have realized that desktops are better than laptops and laptops are better than tablets.
Again, let's wait until we know what OP is going to use it for.
im going to say laptop ^.^
The rose in spring
Kerfuffy

Except play games

A fair amount of laptops can cope with casual games or games at low graphics, but if not, Alienware and Razer provide gaming laptops (albeit bulky as heck)
Kerfuffy
The rose in spring
Kerfuffy

Except play games

A fair amount of laptops can cope with casual games or games at low graphics, but if not, Alienware and Razer provide gaming laptops (albeit bulky as heck)
and overpriced for what they do.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces