Welcome to Gaia! ::

it seems like the adobe plugin has been crashing alot since the upgrade, you cannot refresh the browser on the browser page and alot of websites seem to run slower since the upgrade
im using windows 7
32 bit
all plugins are up to date

so is there a fix for this? or should i just start using google chrome and forget about firefox? some feedback and advice are welcome
Firefox 32 will not run Youtube at all on my linux system...and knocks the CPU to 100% which you can only stop if you log out... it also runs like it's in mud..

I Installed the new unbranded version of FF called Palemoon..and that runs OK no crashes and seems fast...

I have seen a lot of people having Issues with Chrome recently. so you may end up disappointed there...

In a relationship with its a curse

Newbie Noob

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Had same issue with Adobe plugin for FF32

it says that my plug in is up to date, and then it says it isn't.

my only "solution" (thus far) was to do the following (for windows): http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

I was then able to load videos in youtube, HOWEVER... I would have to refresh the page, and it was like a gamble. The vid would either load, or it wouldn't. Generally takes no more than 5 refreshes to load video... although inconvenient.

Unfortunate for me as I require FF for a software project.

However, I personally prefer to use Chrome. And have no issues with Adobe here.
N1T30WL-XIII
it seems like the adobe plugin has been crashing alot since the upgrade, you cannot refresh the browser on the browser page and alot of websites seem to run slower since the upgrade
im using windows 7
32 bit
all plugins are up to date

so is there a fix for this? or should i just start using google chrome and forget about firefox? some feedback and advice are welcome

For what it's worth, I'm running Win7 Pro 64bit and have not had any problems with FF32 or AFP. If you do what Lashtal suggests, it looks like the page needs to be refreshed several times before it will take. Consider trying to reinstall the latest version of AFP, see how it runs. You may also want to try running FF in compatibility mode. If all else fails, uninstall both, download fresh and reinstall. It's possible something got corrupted during an update.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

Lashtal

RavenChii

[quote-"name_is_taken"]
N1T30WL-XIII

I'm sorry you're all having problems! Please try the following

~ Reset Firefox
~ Type ' Firefox.exe -p ' in a Run dialog. Delete your profile and make a new one
~ If not, Go to Mozilla Support. I'm Tora_Bisu there. Point is, you'll get help faster there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff