Welcome to Gaia! ::

ok, i have a new wireless card for my computer i have the drivers installed, and now i need to know the wep #

ohh i don't have the routers password, so i can't even change any of the settings for the time being, my mother forgot what the password to it is
Sounds like you may need to reset the router then.
Flash the router memory. Usually you just hold down the reset button for 10 seconds, turn it off (while holding down reset), then turn it back on, then keep on holding for 10 more seconds. It's different for differnet routers, but that's generally how you do it.

From there you can chnage the WEP encryption.
how do i reset the router then..... i feel really dumb about the DSL connection because my mom had SBC put it together, she should have had me do it so i would know how to fix it
Flash the router memory. Usually you just hold down the reset button for 10 seconds, turn it off (while holding down reset), then turn it back on, then keep on holding for 10 more seconds. It's different for differnet routers, but that's generally how you do it.

Mirukuko

i see no phisical reset button
search the net for your router model number.
How to reset it depends on who makes it. If you find a part number on it anwhere and toss it into google, you can probobly find instructions on how to do it.
Kiretsu
How to reset it depends on who makes it. If you find a part number on it anwhere and toss it into google, you can probobly find instructions on how to do it.
i am trying to look for it, damn i can't find a model name
could someone look for me and give me a link

this is all very confusing

i have a 2 WIRE 1000SW router

please help me reset it
try the default password admin/admin
Mirukuko
try the default password admin/admin
Nope it is set
my mother forgot the password convently
finally found a instal guide, would that help?
nope read the whole guide and no wep #

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces