Welcome to Gaia! ::

kangarue710's Waifu

Shadowy Rogue

10,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Back story:
Ok so I am looking into going into web programming. I have taken an html/ css class and a intro into JavaScript/j query class. My JavaScript/j query class sucked. It wasn't project based, you just answered questions on what you read and did a tiny project at the end. I don't really feel like I learned it well enough to be of any use.

Question:
Since summer is starting I want to find a project that I could do that isn't to hard but would challenge me to cement what I learned. I want to get better. Any ideas?
bloody_skylar
Since summer is starting I want to find a project that I could do that isn't to hard but would challenge me to cement what I learned. I want to get better. Any ideas?
Just pick something and do it. Anything. It doesn't matter. You will be throwing it away anyway.

I'd suggest reading Eloquent Javascript, which has lots of exercises for you to do.

If you want to learn something specific (like HTML5 Canvas), do something that specifically uses it (like a Tetris clone).

kangarue710's Waifu

Shadowy Rogue

10,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
psychic stalker
bloody_skylar
Just pick something and do it. Anything. It doesn't matter. You will be throwing it away anyway.

I'd suggest reading Eloquent Javascript, which has lots of exercises for you to do.

If you want to learn something specific (like HTML5 Canvas), do something that specifically uses it (like a Tetris clone).

Thank you and I will definitely check out the link!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff