Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nerd

12,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nerd 50
I'm running Vista and decided to download Oregon Trail Deluxe. I un.zip it and try to run it. Says it can't support fullscreen mode.
Is there anything I can download/adjust to fix this, or am I screwed?
Halp? :c
btw, if this is in the wrong forum, just tell me and i'll relocate it. no need to flame, i normally don't venture in here.User Image
Oh god another thing to add to my vista hate list D: lol.

Oregon trail=awesome game, that's not fair. I don't honestly know how to help you...I assume since it's a somewhat old game that's why...since vista may just not be compatible with it D:.
Sensorium139
Oh god another thing to add to my vista hate list D: lol.
Oregon trail=awesome game, that's not fair. I don't honestly know how to help you...I assume since it's a somewhat old game that's why...since vista may just not be compatible with it D:.
Before we jump onto the s**t flinging FUD wagon, I'll remind you that there is a compatibility mode that works beautifully for getting older programs to work without jumping to baseless, retarded conclusions.
You might also try disabling Desktop Composition if you have that on (can be found right under the compatibility modes)

Nerd

12,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nerd 50
@ Kiyoske Dante: Where may I access this compatibility mode? n___n

@ LtEarthworm: I'd do that if I knew where compatibility modes were. D:User Image
Right click on the game's shortcut, go to properties. It's a tab in that window.

Nerd

12,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nerd 50
Caitlyn McKenzie
Right click on the game's shortcut, go to properties. It's a tab in that window.

OHAY. It worked for the setup thing, but nothing else. D;
Here's a screenshot of the folder (my Vista is gay and unzips things weird)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Codebreaking Genius

10,300 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Member 100
That's a DOS game, right? If so, you can't run a fullscreen DOS game in Vista anymore, as that operating system no longer supports fullscreen DOS programs. Found that out the hard way. xD If you can't run the game in windowed mode, try running the game in DOSBox. The link in case:

http://www.dosbox.com/

Nerd

12,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nerd 50
Ami Sapphire
That's a DOS game, right? If so, you can't run a fullscreen DOS game in Vista anymore, as that operating system no longer supports fullscreen DOS programs. Found that out the hard way. xD If you can't run the game in windowed mode, try running the game in DOSBox. The link in case:

http://www.dosbox.com/

I think so...
Figures. xD
o: I LOVE YOU.
ON the site, what do I need to download to get it to work?
Just the 'Windows' thing, or more?User Image

Codebreaking Genius

10,300 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Member 100
Just the Windows version of DOSBox. Simply install it, and if the shortcut is on the Desktop, drag the program into the DOSBox shortcut. It should run fine then.

Nerd

12,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nerd 50
Ami Sapphire
Just the Windows version of DOSBox. Simply install it, and if the shortcut is on the Desktop, drag the program into the DOSBox shortcut. It should run fine then.

Okay, I downloaded it and dragged the file folder (since that's what my Oregon Trail data is in, idk why) and it was like LOL YOU HAVE TO MOUNT IT and I'm confused. D:User Image
Not the folder, just the "oregon" program file. Only drag that.

Nerd

12,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Nerd 50
Caitlyn McKenzie
Not the folder, just the "oregon" program file. Only drag that.

I figured that out. xD
Thank you!! <3 4laugh User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas