Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Smoker

12,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I installed the iso and out it in virtualbox, but when I start it up it goes to setup even when i already did it. I tried both restarting the VM and my real computer, but no luck. What can I do?
What do you need windows 2000 for?
I Am EarthBound
I installed the iso and out it in virtualbox, but when I start it up it goes to setup even when i already did it. I tried both restarting the VM and my real computer, but no luck. What can I do?
You probably have it set to boot from the ISO you installed it from.

Just unmount the ISO in your VM's settings, or disconnect its virtual optical drive.

Dedicated Smoker

12,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Disconsented

I'm experimenting with different oses. I just want to learn about them and use them just for fun.
I Am EarthBound
Disconsented

I'm experimenting with different oses. I just want to learn about them and use them just for fun.
Minions suggestion should work then. If you are going to play with os's try a linux distribution if you can.
I Am EarthBound
Disconsented

Yeah, that's fine for a lark, but there's not really much worth learning from Windows 2000. It is missing a lot of features that XP has; stuff as simple as msconfig.

Generally speaking cutting-edge stuff is better to muck around with software/OS wise (beta/alpha/nightly builds, etc) as what you learn there will be more beneficial going forward. Getting a taste of what is to come and whatnot. Cross platform too, as Disconsented suggested.

Dedicated Smoker

12,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Minion4Hire
I Am EarthBound

Just unmount the ISO in your VM's settings, or disconnect its virtual optical drive.

Still not going forward. :/ Maybe it's a bad iso?
I Am EarthBound
Minion4Hire
I Am EarthBound

So has it actually completed the installation of Win2K? If not, I strongly recommend disabling the VM's "easy install" mode, or whatever they call it. Just do a custom or manual install.

Dedicated Smoker

12,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Minion4Hire
I Am EarthBound
Minion4Hire
I Am EarthBound

So has it actually completed the installation of Win2K? If not, I strongly recommend disabling the VM's "easy install" mode, or whatever they call it. Just do a custom or manual install.

Oh alright. I'll try it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces