Welcome to Gaia! ::

considering microsoft licienced WinZip's technology for windows XP... and long as you're only using .zip files... you shouldn't run into any problems with windows XP and .zip(i.e. it's built into windows)... .rar, .ace, etc. etc. etc.. Winrar works perfectly and doesnt nag you anywhere's near as much as Winzip for not registering. if you have the 20 dollars i would highly recommend registereing. You can ask them questions if you run into problems, you basically support their familes by "buying" the software from them.. etc.. etc... it's not like they're huge microsoft companies... winzip's actually based outta my state... connecticut... the guy runs it outta his house smile well... he used to until microsoft gave him MILLIONS to include it in windowsXP.

kinda funny... it's just a nice GUI for PKZIP.. the inventors of the .Zip format... the original inventor died in a car accident right around the time the founder of cray computers did....
7-zip is open source and supports almost every form of compression used today. supports over 21 different formats. it's small(1 mb) and hella powerful and FREEEEEEE!!!

www.7-zip.org

kicks win-zip/rar's asses

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas