Welcome to Gaia! ::

Best Browser?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 6, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

ok heres my issue...a while back for some unkown reason i lost my address bar in Internet Eplorer...and ya know..its a handy lil thing to have lol..so after a while of just using my yahoo search bar to get around i realized i wanted my address bar back...within view>toolbars it has a check next to Adress Bar...but its nowhere to be seen...wtf? sooo i had an idea...what if i un-install IE and reinstall it...bring all the good and happy back....well...microsoft is a pain and made it near impossible to un-install IE...i need help!!! lol please!!!!

8,625 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
im not sure what full screening it would do...ok did it....but still nothing....hmmmm

5,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
Mozilla's FireFox is a very good browser
try it
its free to download
pm me Im new so idk if I can post the link
biggrin

8,625 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
Senor_Diablo
im not sure what full screening it would do...ok did it....but still nothing....hmmmm
Sorry I forgot that tool of the file and stuff too. sweatdrop

Talon: you can post links.
I agree. Mozilla Firefox pwns all.
this fire fox...tell me more...
The toolbar was probably locked and the address bar probably got pushed out by some spyware bar. Or you could of unchecked the Address bar and re-checked it.
Senor_Diablo

Firefox is an open source, free, replacement for Internet Explorer, with useful features such as tabbed browsing, builtin popup blocker, and built in search field. It is also subject to less security holes than IE, as in, it's safe to actually browse the web with it. See http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ for details.
Frusciante
The toolbar was probably locked and the address bar probably got pushed out by some spyware bar. Or you could of unchecked the Address bar and re-checked it.

well...i was thinking maybe that damned yahoo bar might have something to do with it...but....now its my only way of getting around...and yeah ive been un-checking and re-checking the address bar option for like five days hoping that one time it will jsut be like "oh, here i am!, sorry, i was in the bathroom!" but no...

domokun

8,625 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
Senor_Diablo
Hold on I have the URL...It's so much faster then IE.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/central.html
Two things.

1)Help solve the problem at hand maybe? Things get solved so much faster when people have useful comments.

2)Look around, it's possible that it's there, but perhaps something else is taking up its screen space. If so, you can bring it back by clicking on it and dragging it to maximize the address bar again.
Senor_Diablo
Frusciante

well...i was thinking maybe that damned yahoo bar might have something to do with it...but....now its my only way of getting around...and yeah ive been un-checking and re-checking the address bar option for like five days hoping that one time it will jsut be like "oh, here i am!, sorry, i was in the bathroom!" but no...

domokun

Well is there a "Lock the Toolbars" option? If so, uncheck it, then move your bars around and stuff and re-lock it.
Shoroo_Lupin
Two things.

1)Help solve the problem at hand maybe? Things get solved so much faster when people have useful comments.

2)Look around, it's possible that it's there, but perhaps something else is taking up its screen space. If so, you can bring it back by clicking on it and dragging it to maximize the address bar again.

lol thanks anyway...im pretty proficient with computers...and the fact that this little adress bar thing threw me for a loop is kinda the reason i came here in the first place...and im using FireFoz as we speak and that brings me to thenext order of buisness

thank you everyone for suggesting it! lol i havent had it for 10 minutes and i love it...

BLOW ME MICROSOFT!

domokun heart 's FireFox
The recent forms of Netscape are really good, and they're almost exactly like Firefox. As for uninstalling IE, I don't think it's possible on a Windows OS. You could try updating it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff