Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Smoker

4,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I'm currently using Google Chrome, and i find that my Youtube videos are Laggy. The video will freeze, but the audio will still play. or it could just be my laptop, but I cleaned it out two nights ago & i find i am having the same issue. I am thinking of getting a new Web Browser completely.
I have used mozilla before but had issues with Scripts stopping & being non-responsive .
If you could kindly drop some suggestions as to how to fix the Youtube Issue or suggest a New web Browser, that would be awesome 3nodding whee 4laugh

Lonely Demigod

12,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Oh yes, Chrome based browsers are my specialty. If you have chrome, I assume you'll want to stay close to what you have, in which case I recommend Comodo Dragon, SRWare Iron, Blackhawk, Oribitum, Coowon, Torch, or Coolnovo. As for your video lag, I have no idea. sad

When looking for new browsers, a helpful page is the wikipedia comparison of browsers. You can sort by engine to get similar browsers. Anything based on the "blink" engine will be similar to google chrome. Webkit will be closer to safari. Trident is the same engine IE uses. And Gecko is Firefox. Usually if it has two or more engines, you'll be able to switch between them. IE: switching between chrome and firefox rendering.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
I use Pale Moon and Opera.

Shadowy Sleuth

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
i think the web browser is the least of your concerns if both are having difficulties running flash/scripts.

might have lots of programs/services running in the background or hard drive might have issues.

unless your computer is just old.
Google Chrome is not your YouTube problem why would the company that owns YouTube make there browser have problem with it

Newbie Newb

14,075 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
Google chrome is the best browser IMO ( As far as internet explore / Firefox goes ) and i think YouTube ( Google ) changed how youtube is run instead of using flash they use something else to make it less laggy, much of what your "experiencing" It could be your internet or like you said your laptop but as far as the browser goes its great.

Demonic Shapeshifter

6,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Google is the owner of both Youtube and Google Chrome so there is no reason why the browser wouldn't work well with it. Chrome has it's own self updating Flash plugin too so videos should be no problem. However, I have noticed that the browser tends to eat up a lot of memory compared to Firefox and Opera. How much free RAM do you have while running Chrome? Make sure you have enough memory. If this is your problem, you can limit the number of tabs (and programs running) while you stream video and it will help. Also, when it comes to streaming HD video, it could be your internet connection slowing things down. Try downscaling videos from HD 720p to 480p and see if that helps. Good luck.
sOoTz_KofFaY12
I'm currently using Google Chrome, and i find that my Youtube videos are Laggy. The video will freeze, but the audio will still play. or it could just be my laptop, but I cleaned it out two nights ago & i find i am having the same issue. I am thinking of getting a new Web Browser completely.
I have used mozilla before but had issues with Scripts stopping & being non-responsive .
If you could kindly drop some suggestions as to how to fix the Youtube Issue or suggest a New web Browser, that would be awesome 3nodding whee 4laugh

firefox or google they are really the only 2 i think that matter now a days. if you want a lighter one you can use opera i hope i spelled that right.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff