Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alasse
<center> exclaim I've done a lot of ratings today. Now I'd like some people to rate my site this time. exclaim

http://www.gurukitty.com/alasse/

Not totally complete. I still need to add some pages.

Is there anything I should change? Do I need to add something? Does something about the layout annoy you?

domokun heart domokun </center>

Looks good. Simple... I'm not sure why but I have a problem with the imaged top links, so I have to dock a point. That, and the top iframe border is wholly unnecessary since you have that horizontal rule. 9/10

.... checking the source, it's an image. The line right above the IFRAME looks bad, nonetheless.

Hunter_roge
Well I'll post

site

forum

Layout: -2. Overused, total lack of convenience, simply amateur.
Graphics: -2. Animated gif bullets whose background doesn't match the page's.
Content: -1.5. It took a while to realize those bullets are supposed to be updates. Half a point for lack of clarity. Lack of grammar/spelling [see sig] constitutes a full point.

Total: 4.5 / 10

1,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Care to rate me site? There are two of them, but they are located on one main page. Sorry guys, I.E. only.

Peach Blossoms

I just posted the new layouts, so the content isn't really up yet. Still, I'd like to see my layouts rated. Both of which I coded and designed myself. Enjoy!
I suggest there be a set rating scheme. And have this vary depending on the kind of site. If the poster doesn't select a scheme to be rated on, either they get rated on the normal scheme, or get ignored [after all -- if they can't read, why waste time?]

Some possible schemes:

• Default/Normal page

• Layout: 20 pts. Overall aesthetics. Whether things are accessible, the interface intuitive, etc.
    • Content: 20 pts. Does this site have a valid purpose? Is it all properly typed in the language it's in?
    • Graphics: 15 pts. Are the graphics used properly? If there aren't any, should there be?
    • Scripting: 15 pts. Is the scripting inobtrusive?
    • Continuity: 15 pts. Do the pages have the same overall theme? And, if expressly intended not to be, does it work?
    • Originality: 15 pts. Does this site stand apart from others?

• Scripting Page

• Layout: 10 pts.
    • Content: 10 pts.
    • Graphics: 10 pts.
    • Scripting: 35 pts.
    • Continuity: 10 pts.
    • Originality: 25 pts.

• Art/Design Page

• Layout: 25 pts.
    • Graphics: 35 pts.
    • Scripting: 10 pts.
    • Originality: 10 pts.

• News Site

• Layout: 20 pts.
    • Content: 35 pts.
    • Originality: 15 pts.

• Original Site

• Layout: 25 pts.
    • Originality: 35 pts.

[edit] Also:
0-50 = F
51-60 = D
61-70 = C
71-80 = B
81-95 = A
96-100 = G [odly]
Licca Pink
Care to rate me site? There are two of them, but they are located on one main page. Sorry guys, I.E. only.

Peach Blossoms

I just posted the new layouts, so the content isn't really up yet. Still, I'd like to see my layouts rated. Both of which I coded and designed myself. Enjoy!

Please don't mess around with the pointer. I hate when people do that gonk
well I have

www.gcc.oslocal.net soon to be gamecubechat.com (hasn't launched yet)

and www.oslocal.net

plus I own the domains

www.linuxnews.us
www.linuxdownload.us
www.insiderblackjack.com
www.happyfreehost.com

good day. Don't really have to rate the graphics.

1,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The New Hades

I'm so sorry! I hate it myself. But the default mouse is so boring. I'll tell ya what I'll do, I'm gonna make my own cursor in the "plain arrow" kinda way, but just make it a different color. I prefer spiffyness to dull arrow any day. Thanks for the suggestion! Next!
how about mine? www.freewebs.com/barterbuddy it's funny and clean! i helped make it, but so did my friends. it's funny! (i'm barterbuddy#3, if you decide to actually go there.) and i know it's stupid, so don't say it!!
I've seen two million sites on freewebs that look identical to yours... and I suggest creating a design that is original, not a theme.

@barterbudy site

Dangerous Lunatic

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Here is my site, it is for D&D (Dungeons and Dragons) it is called DnD Island, I based it off of gaia for the forums but i need a bit of help controlling the little blue Invision power board banner, but i will soon get that fixed and then edit a few other things to so it is not 100% done yet we are about 90%

1,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Does anyone else want to help me better my site? ::flings rice at those who do not rate:: Don't get me wrong. You don't have to rate it. Just... I would appriciate it if you do whee ......
Licca Pink
The New Hades

I'm so sorry! I hate it myself. But the default mouse is so boring. I'll tell ya what I'll do, I'm gonna make my own cursor in the "plain arrow" kinda way, but just make it a different color. I prefer spiffyness to dull arrow any day. Thanks for the suggestion! Next!

You do realize you can customize the cursor yourself..? I hate when people change mine.

1,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Quote:
You do realize you can customize the cursor yourself..? I hate when people change mine.

Yes... that's what I said I was gonna do O__o... Quoting mahself...

Quote:
I'll tell ya what I'll do, I'm gonna make my own cursor in the "plain arrow" kinda way, but just make it a different color.

Yeah ^^
Arcane Temple EVERTHING is made by me. No PHP BB s**t on there like this site and so many others with their downloadable message boards. Plus all graphics and everything really is ALL made by ME. (yes I want to be noticed)

HOLY s**t THIS IS THE BEST SITE I EVER SAW!!!!
Do you ppl even make your own sites? Or do you just use PHP BB or some downloadable message board or Freewebs or something like that? Come on get some skillz and throw down. You feel rad when you do.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff