Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hiseran
alright almost done with the template biggrin http://www.hiseran.com 1-10 so far?

I like your layout for the most part. Some things that I think you could improve upon are...
-Fonts
Play around with some different fonts. Prehaps you like the Times New Roman font, but it seems to... over used.

-Sidebar
On your sidebar, when you shrink the browser window, the links cross over the line surrounding it. Not a big issue, but worth looking into fixing.

Regarding The images:
Over all it loads pretty fast. But if you were desperate for improvement, you could change your "bottom3.jpg" file from a .jpg to a .png

Original:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Size: 24 KB

PNG Version:
Size: 6.07 KB

Whats the difference? about 18 KB. lol

As for a score....
I think I give your layout an 8/10 just because its not the best thing I've ever seen, but it seems to work nicely from what I can tell.

And for your site itself, 5/10. Its not that your site is bad, you just dont really have any working links yet.

Overall, pretty good site, just a few minor things to change.

Disclaimer:
All of above are simply opinions of my own and do not nessisarily represent the views of other people. All or none of my advice may be taken. For further questions PM ME
omgitsmimi
Rate mine. surprised
http://www.freewebs.com/dita-chan/

Looks good. The site itself isn't much, but it looks ok the way it is.

The truth about it:
When it wasn't very sucessful at keeping my attention long enough to see much. There really wasn't much there, but I didn't really have much desire to look to hard for anything.
Of course it does look very professional in the way it's set up, just not very "exciting"

Thats just my opinion.

Nice artwork btw smile

Disclaimer:
All of above are simply opinions of my own and do not nessisarily represent the views of other people. All or none of my advice may be taken. For further questions PM ME
Cadet Chitaru
http://www.freewebs.com/satori_demon

I still need rates and suggestions to make my website better.

I will first tell you that it is a lovely website as is, but some things to make it better:

Firstthe music. I'm sorry, it needs to go.
Why? It often annoys internet users when the come across website with music, ESPECIALLY if there is no (easy) way to stop or control it.

Secondly, the actual text. The huge masses of text are a bit intimidating to the average joe and would result in usually skipping over it completely. Simplifying the text or even just making paragraphs and indents here and there would help.

Finally, the content. The box in which it is contained is FAR too small. Prehaps increase the width by 100 pixels or so. That should do it. Its just abnoxiously annoying to have this tiny little box that have EVERYTHING in it.

Thats about it. Sorry if I was a little harsh. These are just the things that I noticed. Hope this helps you better your website. smile

Disclaimer:
Mine's a forum, actually.

Feel free to join. Comments and suggestions are welcome. ^_^

http://ent3rth3amaz0n.invisionplus.net
technodj
Hiseran
alright almost done with the template biggrin http://www.hiseran.com 1-10 so far?

I like your layout for the most part. Some things that I think you could improve upon are...
-Fonts
Play around with some different fonts. Prehaps you like the Times New Roman font, but it seems to... over used.

-Sidebar
On your sidebar, when you shrink the browser window, the links cross over the line surrounding it. Not a big issue, but worth looking into fixing.

Regarding The images:
Over all it loads pretty fast. But if you were desperate for improvement, you could change your "bottom3.jpg" file from a .jpg to a .png

Original:
Size: 24 KB

PNG Version:
Size: 6.07 KB

Whats the difference? about 18 KB. lol

As for a score....
I think I give your layout an 8/10 just because its not the best thing I've ever seen, but it seems to work nicely from what I can tell.

And for your site itself, 5/10. Its not that your site is bad, you just dont really have any working links yet.

Overall, pretty good site, just a few minor things to change.

Disclaimer:

Thanks really appreciatte the very useful advice and of course the site isnt much to look at yet because it has nothing just a template i put in two useless tutorials because I was bored of course thats all going because once I am done with the template(not done yet) Im gonna turn my site into coldfusion Im gonna start tomorrow morning on the coldfusion but thankss againg
If you like Fullmetal Alcheimst check it out : www.fm-alchemist.cjb.net
InternetAlchemist
If you like Fullmetal Alcheimst check it out : www.fm-alchemist.cjb.net
If your going to post here don't post a site that's using a premade template.
rate my myspace! www.myspace.com/iamthelordandmaster its not a website BUT i did do the css
tykenfitz - Your CSS is weak and the top bar links clash with the multi-colored, low quality background image. All you did was basically carbon copy what many of the MySpace CSS generators can.
yeah i know
G'day, everyone.

I just put together a navigation thing for my site, at http://qeny.awardspace.info . I was trying to avoid having to have an index page for every sub-section of my site or having to update
the page every time I add a file. Do you think it's okay?

Do you think it's really a nuisance that there's no navigation on any other pages?

I think it'd be cool to avoid having to put the same piece of code on every page for navigation (even a little SSI), and I think that the only way to do this would be to include whatever page, depending on a query string, from a central page which has navigation. Is this advisable?

Php source can be seen at http://qeny.awardspace.info/php/viewsource.php?file=../index.php .

So, just wondering, any general tips for a somewhat newbish web designer?

edit: most of the actual stuff on the website sucks and you should not read it. I forgot about that when I uploaded it.
hello I'm tommy
Uncle Press
hello I'm tommy

Erg, hello? I'm Frabrenostraklenatronox Jarglonaxonazzoroff.
Nice to meet you?
i am 2 gold 4 all of u
ninja702
i am 2 gold 4 all of u

No offence, good sir, but you're the prototypical n00b. Your (sentence?) makes even less sense than my name.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff