Welcome to Gaia! ::

MyXaNgA
I know it's a Xanga but I want it rated too!! sad
Got a new layout, anyone wanna rate or comment for me? Sn Designs
greenishkindaday
MyXaNgA
I know it's a Xanga but I want it rated too!! sad

I like it. I absolutly love greenday, but the image could be slightly larger to fit 1024x768 resolution monitors. You definatly have a hang of html and css, and Your site looks awsome. Good job biggrin
Myraci

That's a really awesome layout. Yes. But I would have been happier if the layout was yellow, not blue because yellow would match the nice picture in the middle. Yeah. By the way, the repeat background just doesn't work for me. It's way too weird-ish and has ugly lines and stuff that seems to repeat forever and ever. Never ever take the bottom of a nicely done top of a layout and just have it repeat. Try to make the bottom fade or have some fancy stuff done to it then make the content part a solid color or a nice pattern, picture, whatever. But remember to not overdo it and make sure the text is readable. Oh and that reminds me, the white font for the center isn't going to cut it. It's way too hard for me to read it without selecting the text.

Just went through some your content stuffies. I have to say, you provide a nice range of graphics for people. But I'm sad to say that some of the images and links are broken. So go and fix those or I'll never ever ever ever return to your site! Okay so where was I? I really do like the graphics but they are *gasp**arg* ANIME. Jeee, I'm not a anime fan so I'll never come back to your site. Please at least have some nature themed graphics or something else besides anime once in a while.

Some of your content are pretty much useless. Stuff like the Misc. and Artwork/Fanart categories aren't necessary. If I ever went to a designs site or something like it, I wouldn't be expecting to find something that I would see in a fansite or personal site.

Rating: 4/5 - Work on all the broken links and images.
narayan00
pandemonium - I'm in need of some feedback I've changed the layout fairly recently and worked almost all of the IE kinks out of it. Any suggestions and comments are greatly welcome.

now this is a nice layout!
MistyAuro
Myraci

That's a really awesome layout. But I would have been happier if the layout was yellow, not blue because yellow would match the nice picture in the middle. Yeah. By the way, the repeat background just doesn't work for me. It's way too weird-ish and has ugly lines and stuff that seems to repeat forever and ever. Never ever take the bottom of a nicely done top of a layout and just have it repeat. Try to make the bottom fade or have some fancy stuff done to it then make the content part a solid color or a nice pattern, picture, whatever. But remember to not overdo it and make sure the text is readable.
I think it was great, but the faded words in front of the picture is a little weird. When I see words, I want to actually read it to know what it is. I agree with the part about repeating the bottom of a good picture- it just seems like it got stretched into a long line with no meaning. Put something in the middle or put changing designs.

MistyAuro
Oh and that reminds me, the white font for the center isn't going to cut it. It's way too hard for me to read it without selecting the text.
I thought this was fine though. The blue contrasts nicely with the white, so it doesn't really matter. I would say to leave it alone.

MistyAuro
I really do like the graphics but they are *gasp**arg* ANIME. Jeee, I'm not a anime fan so I'll never come back to your site. Please at least have some nature themed graphics or something else besides anime once in a while.
Anime is nice. I'm not a huge fan of anime, but if the picture is nice, then I like it. If this site is all about anime, than it should have anime pictures.

Rating 9/10. Otherwise, I love your site.
Myraci

The page breaks pretty badly in firefox at 1024x768... See here for a screenshot. I think the biggest problem is that the column layout is set as a background image, instead of divided up into div tags or tables. Also, the way the main image keeps overlapping the columns makes it very difficult to read just about anything on the page. The white on the multicolored background is not clear enough - you could try bolding the white text, but I'd reccomend changing the background to a solid color instead. Also, one of your {div}'s stretches way off the page to the right, creating the evil horizontal scroll bar. The blue links on blue columns could be clearer, and having a:hover states to be able to pick out which one you're hovering over would really make the page more usable.

Also, whatever program you are using to design the page with is not working very well. Somehow it has a {/html} tag followed by more div tags. It uses {center} and {font} tags, which are deprecated. It also doesn't have a DTD. I'd reccomend using Nvu if you don't know enought HTML to code it straight up - Nvu is free and produces W3c-compatable code.

Overall, I think you're trying to accomplish a lot with the page, and further study of HTML and page design would go a long way towards helping you achieve those goals. Run through the tutorials at W3schools, especially on CSS, and see if you can get out of the WYSIWYG editors. I think your page would come out much cleaner for it.

Best of luck!
Please rate my site! The URL is:
http://www.geocities.com/visual_scale/

I've got a lot of wallpapers that say stuff like "My inner goth thinks he's Beethoven" and "My inner elf annoys the crap out of hardcore fans." Icons, skins, and textless papers as well.

Hilarious Genius

900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
crying I got ignored. I'll try again. Please rate my site? It's just a simple place for me to showcase my art, but I'm sure the layout sucks on other computers. Any suggestions would help.

http://embark.to/creativetakeout
Kimbalena
crying I got ignored. I'll try again. Please rate my site? It's just a simple place for me to showcase my art, but I'm sure the layout sucks on other computers. Any suggestions would help.

http://embark.to/creativetakeout

No, the layout looks really good on my computer! I like the Chinese takeout box.
I've had this site rated many times, but now it looks totally different, including the forums. Please re-rate my website:

http://pcgeek911.biz

Thank you.
Ah ok. I see what it does. On looks though I still give it a 1. ^^; The site looks useful though. If you want other people to use it you should create a nice looking layout
It looks like you've got a pretty unique idea here and that you know what you're doing, but your layout is a little busy, and the pink text makes it hard to read. The layout and text color has a tendency to take away from your information.
Varus Online - http://varusonline.no-ip.org/forum/index.php

When rating this site, please keep in mind:
  • The current template files are temporary, they will be rewritten
  • Avatars are still in alpha development
  • The new item management system is currently under development, the old version is disabled
  • This site is not yet public
  • The site is still under heavy development

I will probably ask for a second rating, once I complete a few more features and introduce the new template files.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff