Welcome to Gaia! ::

FrYiNgToMaToEs
Rate my site! Don't be too harsh though!!!

Frying Tomatoes

Thanks. blaugh

Yeah. Read the past things I've critiqued people on. Link to a CSS stylesheet, switch to XHTML, and use divs instead of tables. The layout isn't anything remarkable at all.

The standard C-.
Pax ab Letum
Look at it this way:

Standard HTML is like "kiddy speak". You know, that person who substitutes u for you and r for are. Sure it may be faster and their preference, but it is incorrect and makes them look stupid.

XHTML is like adding a couple letters to form words such as you and are. This is the correct way to spell the word and is read much more easily by humans (browsers)

Excellent analogy.

And I still say you all should look at page three and pick which criteria you wish to be rated upon. It would make for a much more standardized, less biased rating system.
the greatest rate me site is www.buddypic.com
Pax ab Letum
iliveinagiantbucket
Pax ab Letum
SpazLink
iliveinagiantbucket
thats ur opinion, but please dont talk to me like im an ignorant guy to webdesign...ive been paid a lot of money for sites i have done and i like my ways of coding...ur personal preference is not mine, sorry...i came to see what u guys thought of my site, not to tell me how to code it...im a professional webdesigner and frankly, it doesnt matter to me how YOU like YOUR sites coded, sorry

[assuming this claim is true] Probably the only reason you have been paid is because your clients don't know the difference. XHTML provides innumerable benefits over straight HTML.

And... you don't use CSS? Are you mad?!

Exactly, it's not a preference, it's a web standard. Also, I am a 16-year-old owner of a local web design business.

Read this for a better explanation of why it's important to code in XHTML from the people who set the web standard.

Anyone want to critique my site yet?

why do u keep tellin me to read and read and read...i KNOW how to code xhtml...and YES it is a preference...xhtml is not even that much different...yes i know how to code it, but i would rather do html because i am faster at it and like it better

If you had read it you would know why I asked you to. It tells why XHTML is only an improvement over standard HTML and why you should switch over.

Look at it this way:

Standard HTML is like "kiddy speak". You know, that person who substitutes u for you and r for are. Sure it may be faster and their preference, but it is incorrect and makes them look stupid.

XHTML is like adding a couple letters to form words such as you and are. This is the correct way to spell the word and is read much more easily by humans (browsers)

bullcrap...i know ALL about xhtml and i STILL choose to use html because i like it better and it is better than xhtml in my eyes...so have fun...its my preference against yours

1,500 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Hey everyone will somebody rate my site and tell me what i need to add to it. I know i need a lot more content but im really only one person with very little to put on it. Anarchygames.com
TJTheNotSoSane
Hey everyone will somebody rate my site and tell me what i need to add to it. I know i need a lot more content but im really only one person with very little to put on it. Anarchygames.com

It doesn't look right on Firefox. The design is... average, but is an iframe really necessary? I can't stand them.

Like I said the most glaring problem is that your layout doesn't look right.

And for now on instead of saying "Divs instead of tables, use CSS and XHTML" I'm just gonna say:

D/T,CSS&XHTML

Umm... just viewed the site in IE and it still isn't right. Are you trying to go for an awkward design? I mean like... what's that crap to the right of the banner?

D
I dont mind iframes, but in the case of that site, I recommend that you make the iframe window fit on screen to eliminate the primary scrollbar. The way its set up now adds uneccesary scrolling and defeats the purpose of having an Iframe.
My Site

me and my friend made it.
spartacus99
My Site

me and my freind made it.

I am busy so I can't rate it properly, but... .. It's a forum. I award you 0 points. In fact, I'll dock another 3 for your horrible spelling and grammar.

F
SpazLink
spartacus99
My Site

me and my freind made it.

I am busy so I can't rate it properly, but... .. It's a forum. I award you 0 points. In fact, I'll dock another 3 for your horrible spelling and grammar.

F

ok.
9-1-04

Made some major updates to my site, go check it out!

Mystics of Stormwind

(didn't see a rule against reposting, so, let me know if it's not allowed)
Woo! New site, the Able Labs design: http://dart.mine.nu/ablelabs/ablelabs.html

If you care to use my grading scheme from page 3, the Originality scheme would be prefered.

[the code is HTML but that's not the focus; I'll convert to XHTML later]
Hidden Secrets

Well its a Harry Potter site. Also has a Forum

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out