Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Noob

I have a lower end tablet. Visual Land Prestige 7.
I've had a bit of problems with it before this happened. Would come up saying no external SD card, couldn't access the camera or album. I deleted an app, rebooted and it was fine for awhile. Then, it started happening again. With that I thought okay, just a reboot would help I'll do it a little later since I was talking to someone on kik. Then send a message and up pops "Kik has unfortunately stopped". I then ended the process since sometimes apps just mess up sometimes.
Well, tried to bring it back up and I just kept getting that same pop up. So, I rebooted. Normal boot is turn on, it goes to the tablet brand name then goes to the android sign where I'm guessing it's loading the OS. It didn't make it to the android sign. It stopped at the brand name and just sat there. A couple minutes of that I tired again, same thing happened. Thought I'd try for a third time... turned it off, now it wont even turn back on.
I plugged it into the wall and the computer. Usually a battery symbol will show up on the screen showing that it's charging, it's not doing that at all. I don't know if I have warranty on it still. I got it for christmas as a gift. Never had the receipt since it was shipped from across the country. So there wasn't even a way for me to register it on the site. I honestly didn't think about it since only recently have I had problems.

Anyone help? I really don't have the money to just go out and buy a new tablet. Will probably be months if I'm lucky. :

TL;DR: Visual Land Prestige 7 tablet wont turn on. Charging Icon wont show up when plugged into wall or computer. No warranty is likely. Will take months to get enough money for new one. Help?
Sounds to me like your tablet isn't charging. I'd check if the problem is your charging cable - can you find another one to try? If it works, your tablet should give some indication when you plug it in - maybe it'll briefly flash a battery symbol or it'll vibrate a bit. If the new cable works, then the problem was the cable. If it doesn't...then something's probably up with your tablet internals. Hopefully that's not the case.
Avidite
I have a lower end tablet. Visual Land Prestige 7.
I've had a bit of problems with it before this happened. Would come up saying no external SD card, couldn't access the camera or album. I deleted an app, rebooted and it was fine for awhile. Then, it started happening again. With that I thought okay, just a reboot would help I'll do it a little later since I was talking to someone on kik. Then send a message and up pops "Kik has unfortunately stopped". I then ended the process since sometimes apps just mess up sometimes.
Well, tried to bring it back up and I just kept getting that same pop up. So, I rebooted. Normal boot is turn on, it goes to the tablet brand name then goes to the android sign where I'm guessing it's loading the OS. It didn't make it to the android sign. It stopped at the brand name and just sat there. A couple minutes of that I tired again, same thing happened. Thought I'd try for a third time... turned it off, now it wont even turn back on.
I plugged it into the wall and the computer. Usually a battery symbol will show up on the screen showing that it's charging, it's not doing that at all. I don't know if I have warranty on it still. I got it for christmas as a gift. Never had the receipt since it was shipped from across the country. So there wasn't even a way for me to register it on the site. I honestly didn't think about it since only recently have I had problems.

Anyone help? I really don't have the money to just go out and buy a new tablet. Will probably be months if I'm lucky. :

TL;DR: Visual Land Prestige 7 tablet wont turn on. Charging Icon wont show up when plugged into wall or computer. No warranty is likely. Will take months to get enough money for new one. Help?

Probably charging problem, try a different charger, if it's not the charger then hunt down that reciept, find out when you bought it and take it back to the store where you bought it from. If it's still in guarantee then they'll be able to sort you out either by sending your tablet away for a repair (changing the charging port) or just giving you a new one depending on their policy. (usually they'll only exchange within 28 days)

If it's not the port it could be a knackered battery. But if its a recently bought tablet that shouldn't be the case.

A repair, depending on the shop you bought it from / take it too if it's outside guarantee will cost differently. Some shops (like mine) will charge £50 to be sent away and have a professional analyze the tablet and have a good look round it. Then they'll be an extra cost on top for the parts.

Now if you can, you can probably order up the part yourself via ebay or another parts distributer but of course doing this yourself could severly endanger your tablet if not done correctly. The part itself may not cost that much but then again it could cost 75% of the actual inital price of the tablet when you bought it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff