Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,750 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Uh, ok since I know nothing about a coumpter I was wondering if some of you smarter people could help me. My problem is that sometimes when I am online or writing a report my coumpter will just black out and just shut down.

Help!
... viruses?

2,750 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
Quote:
... viruses?

I'm not sure, we have that weird virus checker on it
Know what OS it is? Any info about the comp?
What virus checker? and are you sure that some other appliance in your house isn't just drawing a buttload of power (treadmill, large sound system, etc.)?
Tons of things could be wrong..

1. Trojan
2. Virus
3. Power failure
4. Over heating

Theres thing that need to be known about your computer.
specs, location, OS, ect..
It could even be as simple as a bad wall plugin in the house, if it's a power failure it's not always the computer, try plugging it in somewhere else and see if it does the same thing?
Quote:
It could even be as simple as a bad wall plugin in the house, if it's a power failure it's not always the computer, try plugging it in somewhere else and see if it does the same thing?

Seriously i could be a but load of things right??? I mean it could be hardware related OS related so much could be wrong with a computer..
Do you get a blue screen, or hear any strange sounds? Feel the case next time it happens, might be a heat issue... Or make sure your outlets are grounded, maybe your power supply is tweaking out?
Or maybe its Windows 98.... i hate WIN98 scream

some say win98 is a virus itself, but they are wrong. because virusses actuly DO something. windows XP rulezzz xp

if I where you i just Format c:
Quote:
Or maybe its Windows 98.... i hate WIN98 scream

some say win98 is a virus itself, but they are wrong. because virusses actuly DO something. windows XP rulezzz xp

if I where you i just Format c:

But we're not, and we're not as stupid as just to reformat FOR NO REASON
Quote:
Uh, ok since I know nothing about a coumpter I was wondering if some of you smarter people could help me. My problem is that sometimes when I am online or writing a report my coumpter will just black out and just shut down.

Help!
could you please tell us the operating system.
Telling us the OS would help because if it is Windows Me, get a new computer!
Quote:
Telling us the OS would help because if it is Windows Me, get a new computer!

Reading the stickies would be benificial to your health.
Really.

Windows me S-T-I-N-K-S.

I used to have it and MAN...

It locks up and crashes constently.
We constently had to re-program it,

and, im not sure if it was my fault, but the hard drive broke, and weird things happend.....

So, if you have Millenium, thats your problem... domokun scream gonk 3nodding blaugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff