Welcome to Gaia! ::

Janna565
Sonic Offline
Janna565
We still havent been able to solve it, it keeps spammnig the f letter what should we do damnit, she has homework to do and learn sad She spilled it on the right side of her laptop and only a little bit, it is not sticky actually hmm, but it keeps spaming the f letter or another letter meh, I really wish we could fix this, she has exams gonk
Sounds like you need to get another laptop from somewhere. Borrow one from a friend?

The fact that you turned it on again so soon was incredibly stupid, by the way.
Well she needs to get very important stuff done or the consequences are worse:/
Then buy or borrow another laptop. You can always get any files needed off of this old/fried computer one way or another. But getting a different computer is going to be faster and easier than trying to repair this.

Divine Whisperer

31,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Am I missing something, or could she get away with just disconnecting the keyboard's ribbon cable and using a USB keyboard?
It worked yesterday but apparently nothing works anymore
Minion4Hire
Janna565
Sonic Offline
Janna565
We still havent been able to solve it, it keeps spammnig the f letter what should we do damnit, she has homework to do and learn sad She spilled it on the right side of her laptop and only a little bit, it is not sticky actually hmm, but it keeps spaming the f letter or another letter meh, I really wish we could fix this, she has exams gonk
Sounds like you need to get another laptop from somewhere. Borrow one from a friend?

Then buy or borrow another laptop. You can always get any files needed off of this old/fried computer one way or another. But getting a different computer is going to be faster and easier than trying to repair this.
Ok but damn she didnt even spil the whole thing inside it went all on the table maybe just a tiny but on the left side
Janna565
Minion4Hire
Janna565
Sonic Offline
Janna565

Ok but damn she didnt even spil the whole thing inside it went all on the table maybe just a tiny but on the left side
Anything is too much. Electronics cannot be exposed to that.
Minion4Hire
Janna565
Minion4Hire
Janna565
Sonic Offline
Janna565

Anything is too much. Electronics cannot be exposed to that.
We plugged a usb keyboard for now, meh

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Janna565

So...the computer works just fine, but the keyboard is borked?

Do you know anyone that is good with computers or does computer repairs? If all the issue is a fried keyboard, that is ridiculously easy and fairly cheap to fix.
Saruwatari Kooji
Janna565

Do you know anyone that is good with computers or does computer repairs? If all the issue is a fried keyboard, that is ridiculously easy and fairly cheap to fix.
Oh really how? Tell us heart

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Janna565
Saruwatari Kooji
Janna565

If the keyboard is the only thing not working, simply replace the keyboard. That's why I asked if you know someone good with computers or that does computer repairs. Quite often a replacement keyboard for laptops is less than $50
Saruwatari Kooji
Janna565
Saruwatari Kooji
Janna565

If the keyboard is the only thing not working, simply replace the keyboard. That's why I asked if you know someone good with computers or that does computer repairs. Quite often a replacement keyboard for laptops is less than $50
Lol but we spilled coke on it, maybe it damaged other stuff, it was working before or it would only spam a certain key now nothing works, meh
Is there a way to disable her laptop's keyboard from spamming letters? Cause she can't work on it at all even with a usb keyboard.

Greedy Werewolf

If you're running windows you should be able to go to your "control panel" find "device manager" and look under "keyboard", right click then click "properties" on your internal keyboard, then click on the "driver" tab and if it's not grayed out you can click disable.

On my computer its grayed out so I cant disable it, I dont know if it isn't possible to disable or if it's simply because I dont have a usb keyboard hooked up.
Janna565
Is there a way to disable her laptop's keyboard from spamming letters? Cause she can't work on it at all even with a usb keyboard.
Realistically you would need to physically remove the keyboard. Easily disabling your laptop keyboard from your OS would be bad as it would be very difficult to get it working again.

If you look on iFixit you might be able to find a tear-down guide for this model of laptop that will show you how to remove the keyboard. Otherwise, unless you want to risk causing further damage to your laptop, you probably shouldn't try this. Just take it in somewhere. Even if it's just to pay $20 or $30 for someone to remove it properly.

I'm not saying you're incapable of removing a laptop keyboard. I'm just saying...
Minion4Hire
Janna565
Realistically you would need to physically remove the keyboard. Easily disabling your laptop keyboard from your OS would be bad as it would be very difficult to get it working again.

If you look on iFixit you might be able to find a tear-down guide for this model of laptop that will show you how to remove the keyboard. Otherwise, unless you want to risk causing further damage to your laptop, you probably shouldn't try this. Just take it in somewhere. Even if it's just to pay $20 or $30 for someone to remove it properly.

I'm not saying you're incapable of removing a laptop keyboard. I'm just saying...
Lol I meant disable it software wise not hardware

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces