Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Shounen

6,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
i got a shiny new laptop with Win8 so i decided to use it to emulate old games because it's so cozy lying in your bed playing nin64 games emotion_kirakira

and now i can't surf the internet because i keep getting "proxy server not found" internet works for all my other devices at home including my desktop.
so i googled it and try to disabled and untick several options in control pane->network but it still doesn't work.
it just happened when i was googling on how to fix project64's fullscreen fix this morning.

i also happened to get a few trojan horses on the way when i was downloading ROMS but they were quarantined and mcafee which is the anti-virus my computer came with said that no further action needed to be done.

so i decided to check my add-ons i disabled everything that had to do with bing, i don't trust that company!
i had something called optimizer pro 3.2 that must have been secretly installed as i installed my emulators i removed that one too.

and now my computer is pretty much clean from virus programs(i hope) but the proxy issue still remains and it's so frustrating!

is there some sort of code that has been broken in anyway that i need to manually fix or something?

i do have a USB incase you want me to download something on my desktop and transfer it over to my laptop!

i also don't know windows 8 that well so if you want me to try something be specific on how i can access that function because i don't know how windows 8 fully works!

(was it really necessary to remove the start button)?

feels like i just confused myself and everyone who's about to read this lol! gonk

EDIT; for some reason when i uncheck the proxy stuff in network settings it get's re-checked everytime i click on ok! gonk gonk gonk gonk

Magical Shounen

6,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
i think i fixed it, i installed google chrome via USB! and so far it works perfectly!

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Japantsu
i think i fixed it, i installed google chrome via USB! and so far it works perfectly!

It may well be that the virus(es) screwed up the settings on your original browser. Try resetting them to the defaults. Exact instructions on how to do this vary by browser.

Presuming IE:
Go to Tools > Internet Options.
Go to the Advanced Tab.
Click the Reset buttons.
Click Apply and then OK.

Magical Shounen

6,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Lanackse-Kanvae
Japantsu

It may well be that the virus(es) screwed up the settings on your original browser. Try resetting them to the defaults. Exact instructions on how to do this vary by browser.

Presuming IE:
Go to Tools > Internet Options.
Go to the Advanced Tab.
Click the Reset buttons.
Click Apply and then OK.
thanks, ill remember this!

Sparkly Vampire

6,250 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Millionaire 200
Go to

Control Panel>Internet Options>Connections Tab>

click LAN settings. Uncheck use a proxy server for LAN.....unless you are actually using a proxy.
Open the run box via windows key on your keyboard + R, then type inetcpl.cpl and it'll open your internet properties.

go to connections and lan settings and make sure only auto detect settings is checked, not the proxy option at the bottom.

Edit: someone already answered this oops emotion_facepalm

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces