Welcome to Gaia! ::

Whats better?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 10, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

When i try to play gaia fishing, it gets jumpy, i mean it will freeze up and then start to move again. I'm using a Laptop with cable connection speed. I was wondering if anyone had any troubleshooting tips Thanks
Need some more info first.

What browser are you using?

What video card do you have?

do you have alot of other tings open, or alot that open on startup?

Do you have the latest version of flash?
I use the normal internet explorer i have 2 programs that start when the computer turns on. Um im not sure if i have the latest flash. Im not a pro on comps but if i knew what you needed to know i could probably get the info to you..
Crim Hellcry
When i try to play gaia fishing, it gets jumpy, i mean it will freeze up and then start to move again. I'm using a Laptop with cable connection speed. I was wondering if anyone had any troubleshooting tips Thanks

SHRUGS!!!!
If you don't know, don't post. This isn't the chatterbox.

You lack RAM. That's about all there is to it. Since you said you're on a laptop, i would assume you have less than 128MB of RAM. It could also be an issue with your video 'card.' You probably have onboard video. To improve overall performance of your machine, get more RAM.
Skye Darkhawk

You lack RAM. That's about all there is to it. Since you said you're on a laptop, i would assume you have less than 128MB of RAM. It could also be an issue with your video 'card.' You probably have onboard video. To improve overall performance of your machine, get more RAM.

Well actually, my Laptop has 2.80 GHZ of ram x2. So im pretty sure its not a ram problem. I can play War Craft 3, which is a highly advanced game with no porblems.
it could be the flash version also if you are running windows 98 it does that.
The Fishing Game says it need Flash Player 7, so if you don't have 7 installed (right click on any flash object on any website to see which version you have) you should definately upgrade.

You can find the free Flash Player at the Macromedia website.
Crim Hellcry
Skye Darkhawk

Well actually, my Laptop has 2.80 GHZ of ram x2. So im pretty sure its not a ram problem. I can play War Craft 3, which is a highly advanced game with no porblems.

Gigahertz is a measure of speed (CPU) not memory (RAM). Memory will be in MB or GB (megabytes or gigabytes).
swordforge
Crim Hellcry
Skye Darkhawk

Gigahertz is a measure of speed (CPU) not memory (RAM). Memory will be in MB or GB (megabytes or gigabytes).

Well in that case i have over 55 GBs left for memory
Crim Hellcry
swordforge
Crim Hellcry
Skye Darkhawk

Well in that case i have over 55 GBs left for memory

Umm..You are talking about the wrong memory..That is how much is Left on your hard drive...We are talking about RAM..Do you know how much you have..?
Well i took a look and found out i need to upgrade bad... but i have a laptop so i cant. But i have 504 mbs.... which sucks...
Anyone else have any tips or troubleshooting.
Right Click on "My computer" and look downt he Page it should say XXX MB/GB of RAM.

Tell me exactly what that says.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces