Welcome to Gaia! ::

Many apologies if this has been asked before, but I've just a slight question. Last night while surfing IE I came across a pretty bad amount of spyware. It downloaded this odd exe file called "M00" to my desktop. I maanged to delete it using spybot. Then I ran adaware earlier today...however on my IE homepage I have this search engine that nothing I seem to do works on removing it. I've tried resetting my homepage...and run both spybot and ad-aware as well. It just keeps returning and giving me wierd links in my favorite places list. Any solutions?
HijackThis! may work, if you know what to get rid of, and what not to get rid of.
Death_Scythe2112
HijackThis! may work, if you know what to get rid of, and what not to get rid of.
That depends, will it give me a list of possible sources of the malicious program? Or will I have to search manually?
I'd try one of two things:

1. Get a different browser; IE is highly succeptable to problems like this.

2. Go into the registry and change the homepage that way. I'm not sure how to do it off the top of my head, but I'm more than sure that you could find directions online.
Ah...well I've run just about every program that I've been recommended. That includes spybot, adaware, hijackthis, and CWShredder...Nothing seems to work. Any more ideas?
Kif86
I'd try one of two things:

1. Get a different browser; IE is highly succeptable to problems like this.

2. Go into the registry and change the homepage that way. I'm not sure how to do it off the top of my head, but I'm more than sure that you could find directions online.

click start, press regedit, fidn Internet Explorer, then change.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff