Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Fatcat

Okay, so I go on skype every single day on my phone and this "SkypeMe" thing is seriously pissing me off.
I've gone though all of my privacy settings and Skype ... I don't even know.
I've tried looking up how to stop the instant messages from some creepers.
I've blocked .... How many contacts now? So many.

Please. Just help me get rid of the thing or make it stop.
I'm not too familiar with SkypeMe, but if it's like any other program, you should be able to delete it from Control Panel. Go to:

Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program (Or "Add/Remove Software", depending on what version of Windows your using, assuming you're using Windows)

Find SkypeMe and remove it.

After doing a little bit of research, I found out that they had actually removed Skype Me from their Skype 4.0 version. You might simply need to update your Skype with the newest available update.

Shy Fatcat

l_Shamrock_l

Thank you so much, I'll do that and let you know if it worked. ^ ^

Shameless Dabbler

SadisticTemptress
l_Shamrock_l

Thank you so much, I'll do that and let you know if it worked. ^ ^
SkypeMe is a status setting...So click the status button and make it just online. Then to tune up your settings a bit go to Skype > Privacy and then make "Allow IMs from.." and "Allow Calls from..." to people in my Contacts list only. This will make it so people have to add you before they can contact you.

Shy Fatcat

Final Fantasy Bandit

I've done that many times but Skype doesn't seem to want to save it even when I hit save and come back to it, it resets everything.

Shameless Dabbler

SadisticTemptress
Final Fantasy Bandit

I've done that many times but Skype doesn't seem to want to save it even when I hit save and come back to it, it resets everything.
Have you upgraded to the latest version? I can't even choose SkypeMe on mine =/

Shy Fatcat

Brianna6788

I'm obviously not asking for anyone's skype account.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff