Welcome to Gaia! ::

First off, here's my info:

Intel Celeron processor, 900MHz
126MB RAM
DirectX 9.0c
Intel 82810 graphics controller
HP Pavillion mx50 monitor

Here's my problem... Sims 2 won't run, and it gives me the error message: "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0 compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. This application will now terminate." But... isn't it already sompatible with DX 9.0c, since I have it installed? That's why I think it has to be something else.

However... when I first got Sims 2, a few months ago, it ran fine, except it was a little slow (probably because I only have 126MB of RAM) but I realized I didn't have DX 9.0c installed. So, I installed it, hoping it would make things a little better, and... that's when it came to a screeching halt, and I couldn't run Sims 2 anymore. Another note: I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling 5 or 6 times, which didn't help.

Any suggestions? PLEASE only respond if you absolutely know what you're talking about, because I've gotten a lot of misinformation from people who didn't. Thanks!
More or less you're going to need to upgrade your Video Card. Currently, it's onboard. You'll want the seperate GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) on the Video Card so your system can dedicate itself to its tasks.

You shouldn't need anything too fancy, just try to meet the minimum requirements to the game.

You could also try running Windows Update or visiting your computer's manufacturer's website to see if they have any driver updates. After that, check Microsoft.com/DirectX for an updated version of DirectX.
Skye Darkhawk
More or less you're going to need to upgrade your Video Card. Currently, it's onboard. You'll want the seperate GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) on the Video Card so your system can dedicate itself to its tasks.

You shouldn't need anything too fancy, just try to meet the minimum requirements to the game.

You could also try running Windows Update or visiting your computer's manufacturer's website to see if they have any driver updates. After that, check Microsoft.com/DirectX for an updated version of DirectX.

Ah! Thanks a bunch, I'll try that 3nodding
Videocard 70 bucks =\
I love the sims!! COOL!! i don't haveit for PC, though.
I also recomend you get some more Ram too, being as how the requirements for the game is 256MB, and trust me, it will run VERY horribly if you go below what they recomend gonk
You might have to update your hardware e.g. Soundcard as somtimes when you change other things new problems arise as your new hardware isn't compatiable with the old
aceeer
what sthe problem with sims two, it has it so you can make your own town theres no problem with that youcan even wear a matrix jacket, work out, have an emotional bunny, and even have sex

Why is it that when I ask for intelligent responses, I get things like this??

... oh yes, now I remember. Because people are idiots.. stare
Soldats
I also recomend you get some more Ram too, being as how the requirements for the game is 256MB, and trust me, it will run VERY horribly if you go below what they recomend gonk

Yeah, I've been meaning to go buy some more RAM. It didn't run too bad when it used to work, but it lagged a lot with changing clothes and points of view. xd I've been thinking of just building a new computer instead of trying to upgrade crap for this one, because the one I have now is 3 1/2 years old and not worth much anyway.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff