Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
One of them is a Samsung widescreen (can't recall model) and the other is a hand-me-down HP vs15. My graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6670.

It's got a VGA port (that the widescreen is using) and a DVI-I port that's currently attached to a DVI<->VGA adaptor. I connected my HP screen to the adaptor. Nada.

I switched the cables (widescreen to adaptor, HP to native VGA slot) and the HP screen does work... when attached to the native VGA slot. But the widescreen was dead on the adaptor.

I tried updating my graphics drivers, but I can't seem to install CCC (something about no detection driver).

Pls halp? crying

Aged Lunatic

What resolution are you trying to run in natively w/ the Samsung? The HP vs15 has a maximum resolution of 1024x768 (the HP vs15 is effectively not a widescreen monitor).

If you can support it (which is largely dependent on a variety of things), you can attempt to have both screens run separately in different resolutions rather than the native resolution your main samsung is attempting to run in.

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
Synapt
What resolution are you trying to run in natively w/ the Samsung? The HP vs15 has a maximum resolution of 1024x768 (the HP vs15 is effectively not a widescreen monitor).

If you can support it (which is largely dependent on a variety of things), you can attempt to have both screens run separately in different resolutions rather than the native resolution your main samsung is attempting to run in.
HP is a 1028x768 while the Samsung is a 1600x900.

Both can run... on their own.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces