Welcome to Gaia! ::

Something called msmbw.exe has just appeared as an unknown publisher trying to access my system. It has caused numberous errors in and on the internet and just gave me about 5 tons of spam hosts... i got rid of the spam hosts with Hijack This, but the stupid msmbw.exe still keeps appearing in the windows! Msn messenger is severly messing up! Does anyone else have this problem???

it also gives me the notepad that pops up:

Hey LARISSA ******** off, you ******** n00b!.. Bla bla to your ********
Saving the world from Bropia, the world n33ds saving from you!

'-S-K-Y-'-D-E-V-I-L-'

this is an article posted on it:

the virus was from yesterday's MSN virus am i correct no? i would recommend using kaspersky. If all else fails, i have no clue then sorry i apologize
i managed to seal it with Hijack This, then searced for it in my hard drive and deleted it that way. Apon restarting my computer I have found no trace of it... but im still causious about this... that thing was scary...

Yesterday you say? O.o
Someone got Bropia on one of my computers awhile ago... scream Wasted a few days trying to clean it off, because it put MORE viruses on too! Kaspersky got it all off though. It does save some files to your system32 directory, so you want to scan. I believe the file it usually saves is called "lexplore.exe" (That's an L, not an I). But seriously, Kaspersky's free for 30 days, so you might want to give it a try.
That file edits your host file so you can't goto anti virus websites, delete your host file then goto http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.serflog.a.html and get the removeal tool
A great Anti-Virus to help is @

http://files.avast.com/iavs4pro/setupeng.exe

it's free and it is Excellent! trust me i use it all the time and i have had my share of viruses. It is real-time protection so before a virus even enters the computer. Avast will be there to delete it...

smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces