Welcome to Gaia! ::

I got this redirect search this morning on my laptop. I didn't do anything different from my routine, I take my laptop to work and home. Every time I search at Google the result goes to Yahoo but the links work normal as if nothing happened. For example, I type "Imgur" or "Reddit" on google since its faster (for me) and press Enter. The search goes to Yahoo and the link result is nothing usual. No redirecting to weird sites.

If it helps, I have Firefox with NoScript addon for a long time. Also, I used ComboFix, EmsisoftEmergencyKit, HitmanPro, RougeKiller, tdsskiller, Kaspersky, CCleaner, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malmare.

I'm hoping if someone knows how to manually remove it from Registry or something...

Bloodthirsty Hellhound

13,600 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Campaign Manager 500
SilentXyrho
I got this redirect search this morning on my laptop. I didn't do anything different from my routine, I take my laptop to work and home. Every time I search at Google the result goes to Yahoo but the links work normal as if nothing happened. For example, I type "Imgur" or "Reddit" on google since its faster (for me) and press Enter. The search goes to Yahoo and the link result is nothing usual. No redirecting to weird sites.

If it helps, I have Firefox with NoScript addon for a long time. Also, I used ComboFix, EmsisoftEmergencyKit, HitmanPro, RougeKiller, tdsskiller, Kaspersky, CCleaner, and Malwarebytes Anti-Malmare.

I'm hoping if someone knows how to manually remove it from Registry or something...

Was there any indication of infection from the programs you ran? Does this happen on other browsers also or only Firefox?
GenderBend
Was there any indication of infection from the programs you ran? Does this happen on other browsers also or only Firefox?

After reading your reply I checked Internet Explorer and it's working fine, no Yahoo redirect. Firefox is the only browser I use.
Before I posted this tread, I scanned and deleted/ quarantine anything that comes up but the issue is still there. All the scans are coming out clean now. Only thing HitmanPro (I think) result are cookies.

Bloodthirsty Hellhound

13,600 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Campaign Manager 500
SilentXyrho
GenderBend

After reading your reply I checked Internet Explorer and it's working fine, no Yahoo redirect. Firefox is the only browser I use.
Before I posted this tread, I scanned and deleted/ quarantine anything that comes up but the issue is still there. All the scans are coming out clean now. Only thing HitmanPro (I think) result are cookies.

Well if Internet Explorer (of all things XD) is working, then it may just be that Firefox became corrupted somehow (maybe). Have you tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it? If not, it is definitely worth a shot!

Wealthy Noob

Generic response, but if you haven't already, check the add-ons, extensions and toolbars that are installed on your Firefox browser. Additionally, check Programs and Features in Control Panel for any software that may be responsible.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff