Welcome to Gaia! ::

Noob

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy Nexus from my mom who used it for a couple of years before handing it to me (an upgrade from my iPhone 4). But the screen is cracked pretty good down the middle. I've read online that the repairs for this type of damage are extremely expensive, yet I had the back glass on my 4 replaced for $25.
iPhone cracks are very common so a lots of digitizers are produced for them. However, Galaxy Nexuses are far from as common, and I'm seeing the digitizer price on ebay fror around $90. $90 plus the cost of the repair service will probably bring the repair cost to $150 and up.
a galaxy nexus is not an upgrade from the iphone 4, did you try connecting your iphone 4 to a mac and update to ios7? The galaxy nexus is a disaster in my opinion.
I wouldn't really consider switching from the iPhone 4 to Galaxy Nexus a "upgrade", but to each is own I suppose. You'll probably be looking around $90~$150 for a certified place to replace the screen for you.

Noob

golim3
a galaxy nexus is not an upgrade from the iphone 4, did you try connecting your iphone 4 to a mac and update to ios7? The galaxy nexus is a disaster in my opinion.
I am on iOS 7, but I dropped the phone around 2 weeks ago and cracked the back glass, and the phone has been running extremely slow and glitchy since. I'm afraid I might have damaged the enternal phone itself. That's why I'm changing. Also, I'm sick of having 3G, this phone is a 4G. Are we talking about the same phone?
This one;
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Noob

Chrispy0530
I wouldn't really consider switching from the iPhone 4 to Galaxy Nexus a "upgrade", but to each is own I suppose. You'll probably be looking around $90~$150 for a certified place to replace the screen for you.
With the way my iPhone has been working the past week, slow and unresponsive. Screen issues, I'd say it's a definite upgrade. Plus, going from 3G to 4G is nice.

Noob

MyNameIsKir
iPhone cracks are very common so a lots of digitizers are produced for them. However, Galaxy Nexuses are far from as common, and I'm seeing the digitizer price on ebay fror around $90. $90 plus the cost of the repair service will probably bring the repair cost to $150 and up.
I figured as much. Thank you.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

I certainly hope you didn't sell your iphone 4 because to me a nexus 7 with a cracked screen is definitely NOT something I would consider an 'upgrade'. Just keep using your iphone and don't waste any money on repairs for that nexus.
Perest
golim3
I am on iOS 7, but I dropped the phone around 2 weeks ago and cracked the back glass, and the phone has been running extremely slow and glitchy since. I'm afraid I might have damaged the enternal phone itself. That's why I'm changing. Also, I'm sick of having 3G, this phone is a 4G. Are we talking about the same phone?
This one;
Yes, i am well aware of the that phone, mobile tech is my specialty, now the reason why fixing screens is so expensive on that phone is because hardly anyone knows what kind of phone it is. There are hundreds of business' that only focus on repairing or buying iphones from you. And if you have data why not get a 2 year contract and get the latest nexus phone for 0$ You technically wont lose anything and will actually gain (a phone)
xSahri

I certainly hope you didn't sell your iphone 4 because to me a nexus 7 with a cracked screen is definitely NOT something I would consider an 'upgrade'. Just keep using your iphone and don't waste any money on repairs for that nexus.
its a galaxy nexus, not a nexus 7, AND THE NEXUS 7 IS A TABLET

Genius

7,700 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
Sell both
Get the NEW google nexus, or the S3-S4 mini or regular versions.
Or you could go all out and buy a nice new Note 3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces