Welcome to Gaia! ::

I know this is probly the hundreth thread about routers, but I sorta need some help. ^^;;

I have a linksys router model BEFSR41 and I'm having trouble getting bittorrent to work propperly. I believe that by fowarding some ports you could fix that problem. I tried some guides online but they didn't seem to help. Can anyone tell me how to do it, and in a way so that a retard like me can't mess anything up/misunderstand what you say. All help is appreciated. Thanks

*sorry for any mispellings, I'm a very bad speller ^^
whats wrong with ur bt?
Nah. Not as many router questions as you'd think. First off, know how to get into the router through the web browser?
Quote:
whats wrong with ur bt?

I'm referring to bit-tornado [I dont know if other versions of bt have it]; the light that lets you know your satus stays at yellow. Which means that theres a firewall or a proxy server thats not allowing me to get the best download I can.

Anything else you need to know?
crying ok now im clueless. haha. sry cant help you on this. i tried. sweatdrop
Sometimes it's a firewall on their end. I have a linksys router, diff model I think though, and I didn't need to config any port forwarding to get BT to work..
Quote:
Nah. Not as many router questions as you'd think. First off, know how to get into the router through the web browser?

Yea I know. type in "192.168.1.1"
Spiff. In that, check the port forwardings..Each router is different in where it puts it, so you might have to look about some for it. See if you can set it up. BT should have a guide to doing this, citing the port number it uses. I don't know off the top of my head.. sweatdrop
Quote:
Spiff. In that, check the port forwardings..Each router is different in where it puts it, so you might have to look about some for it. See if you can set it up. BT should have a guide to doing this, citing the port number it uses. I don't know off the top of my head.. sweatdrop

I found a guide that told me to foward port 6881-6889 I think it was. Doesnt seem to be helping now though. :/
Hrm. That's not working? Odd. Stupid question..what OS?
Quote:
Hrm. That's not working? Odd. Stupid question..what OS?

Windows XP with service pack 2. I have the normal windows firewall disabled too so its not that.
Hrm..that's what I was thinking. SP2 blocks a lot of stuff. Hrm. I'm out of ideas. Not 100% familiar with how BT works, just as long as it does.. sweatdrop
Quote:
Hrm..that's what I was thinking. SP2 blocks a lot of stuff. Hrm. I'm out of ideas. Not 100% familiar with how BT works, just as long as it does.. sweatdrop

Hmm, well maybe someone else might have some other ideas.

I know it has to be the router cause my dl speeds used to be way higher when I used to use the normal cable modem. Since I started using the router my speeds aren't as fast as they used to be. I might have a friend thats really good with computers come over and check it out, even though its sorta out of the way for him. ^^;;
Use a port sniffer (or check your routers logs if it keeps any) to see what ports are being used/blocked when you try to run BitTornado. Windows may keep an Application Error log on the matter, as well. After you know which ports it uses, set up a port forward to your LAN IP and you're set.
it's possable it's the ISP blocking the ports ...

might wanna see about getting a friend to "port scan" you and send you the results

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff