Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well i think google sites can work for what i want i have seen people who have buttons so they can open new standalone pages for things that is about there page.How would i go about doing something like that for my site.(using google sites as the host.)

what i am trying to do 1 of 1

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
I heard if you post in "English" and/or give us examples we can understand what you're talking about.
Sonic Offline
I heard if you post in "English" and/or give us examples we can understand what you're talking about.
something like this

example 1 or something like the submit button but it will lead to a new page on the site.

Wealthy Genius

9,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Contest and Guild
Sonic Offline
something like this

example 1 or something like the submit button but it will lead to a new page on the site.

Are you talking about redirecting a website with something? Or using google as a redirector somehow *Confused* You need more clarification .
II Mr Crayons II
Contest and Guild
Sonic Offline
something like this

Are you talking about redirecting a website with something? Or using google as a redirector somehow *Confused* You need more clarification .
I do not know the tech word for this.But u know how when u click to a new forum on gaia it opens ether in a new window or a new tab automatically.

That is what i want but i do not know how to set it up so that i can post what ever i need and how to make it work if u still do not understand let me know i will try to clear it up seeing as i really need to know how to make this work.

Yes i want to use google i never want to leave google sites or for example i never want to go off my site if and when i make one.Also what i would love is a way to make it a picture and a word like in a box it will say more information and next to it in a new box it will say forums something like that.

Man-Hungry Prophet

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Link
Mozilla Developer Site
target
This attribute specifies where to display the linked resource. In HTML4, this is the name of, or a keyword for, a frame. In HTML5, it is a name of, or keyword for, a browsing context (for example, tab, window, or inline frame). The following keywords have special meanings:

_self: Load the response into the same HTML4 frame (or HTML5 browsing context) as the current one. This value is the default if the attribute is not specified.
_blank: Load the response into a new unnamed HTML4 window or HTML5 browsing context.
_parent: Load the response into the HTML4 frameset parent of the current frame or HTML5 parent browsing context of the current one. If there is no parent, this option behaves the same way as _self.
_top: In HTML4: Load the response into the full, original window, canceling all other frames. In HTML5: Load the response into the top-level browsing context (that is, the browsing context that is an ancestor of the current one, and has no parent). If there is no parent, this option behaves the same way as _self.

Use this attribute only if the href attribute is present.

So to answer your question, you would use target="_blank" in the 'a' element to open the link in a new window.
Are u saying this will work on googles sites. i do not know if they are html or not.

Man-Hungry Prophet

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Contest and Guild
Are u saying this will work on googles sites. i do not know if they are html or not.

Make a site and edit it to find out.
Ashimakase
Contest and Guild

I found this
http://www.google.com/sites/overview.html

it says no html is needed what dose this mean for me.I do not understand if i do not need html then how can i do what i am trying to do.

Man-Hungry Prophet

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Contest and Guild
Ashimakase
Contest and Guild

I found this

it says no html is needed what dose this mean for me.I do not understand if i do not need html then how can i do what i am trying to do.

It means that you can use one of their site templates to get started. Basically, they set it up for you and all you have to do is add content.
Ashimakase
Contest and Guild
Ashimakase
Contest and Guild

I found this

It means that you can use one of their site templates to get started. Basically, they set it up for you and all you have to do is add content.
Then do u have any idea how to do what i am looking to do?

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Contest and Guild
Ashimakase
Contest and Guild
Ashimakase
Contest and Guild

I found this

The answer has been provided for you. As for the other thing you asked, yes, google sites uses html.

I haven't toyed with Google sites, yet, so I can't tell you how to go about editing the code of the site, yet.

Give me a few days or so and I can answer more of your questions about google sites as I am working with my school district in transitioning from First Class to Google Apps.
Saruwatari Kooji
Contest and Guild
Ashimakase
Contest and Guild
Ashimakase
Contest and Guild

I found this

The answer has been provided for you. As for the other thing you asked, yes, google sites uses html.

I haven't toyed with Google sites, yet, so I can't tell you how to go about editing the code of the site, yet.

Give me a few days or so and I can answer more of your questions about google sites as I am working with my school district in transitioning from First Class to Google Apps.
Ok i will wait a few days and in the mean time i am going to make a junky little picture with paint about what i am trying to do and what i want it to look like.So then u can get a better idea of what u want to say to me or how u can help me.

what i am trying to do 1 of 1

edit

I got a new question on top of this one,I would like to know if i want to use custom code to make my website.Were on the google tool list would i click and where would i paste the code.
Legal bump the topic fell off page 2 and i still need help.

i also updated the last post on this topic before this post to add one more question.

Man-Hungry Prophet

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Contest and Guild
I got a new question on top of this one,I would like to know if i want to use custom code to make my website.Were on the google tool list would i click and where would i paste the code.

http://imgur.com/a/xDAsT

Edit: Yes, Hemia Asswarmer is me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas