Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nohl's Princess

Shy Cutie-Pie

16,825 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Okay so, earlier today my PS3 was working just fine. I turned it on tonight and nothing shows up on the screen, no sound, nada. I know it's on, and I looked up on google about this problem. People have said that you're supposed to hold down the ps3 button until it beeps three times. I've done this, it beeps three times, then it just turns off. Nothing else happens. Please help.
I use my PS3 for everything and I REALLY REALLY hope it's not dead.
Does it turn back on afterwards? Have you made sure your connections are in securely, and that your tv/monitor is set to display that certain type?
You can't do much with consoles really, if things are broken, it's broken and you can rarely fix it yourself.
However the upside is that they don't break that often and it's usually a little something you're forgetting.
But make sure all the wiring is in place and it's set to the right channel on the tv.
Grobanish
I know it's on, and I looked up on google about this problem. People have said that you're supposed to hold down the ps3 button until it beeps three times. I've done this, it beeps three times, then it just turns off. Nothing else happens.
Holding the power button when it's on forcibly turns it off. This is generally not a problem.

When you hold the power button until it beeps when it's off, it will turn the PS3 on and reset system settings (like display, sound, network, etc.)

If you can't see anything when you turn it on, wait until it's finished booting, then shut it off. Then turn it on by holding the button, and wait for it to beep. It will reset its configuration and try to auto-detect your setup. You will need to reconfigure it.

If you still can't see it, check your cables, and try a different hookup - if your TV has component inputs (red, green, blue cables), try that. Otherwise, try S-video (4-pin black cable) or composite (yellow). If you still can't get anything, call Sony and order a repair.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff