Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Smoker

12,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
It's such an annoying program! All I want to do is delete a few things like Internet Explorer but it's not letting me! Please tell me how to get rid of this s**t, it really pisses me off.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
...A) Which operating system?

B) Why do you want to delete internet explorer>

Dedicated Smoker

12,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Sonic Offline
...A) Which operating system?

B) Why do you want to delete internet explorer>

A: Windows 7
B: I already have Chrome and IE sucks and it's just wasting space.
......it's the process used by windows to install updates. Please, don't remove stuff at random.

Dedicated Smoker

12,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Jaydi Blaze
......it's the process used by windows to install updates. Please, don't remove stuff at random.

I know what it is but I just want to disable it for a short time while I delete IE then I'll restore it. I just wanna know how.
EarthBound Forever
Jaydi Blaze

I know what it is but I just want to disable it for a short time while I delete IE then I'll restore it. I just wanna know how.
IE can't be deleted, it's part of windows.

Dedicated Smoker

12,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Jaydi Blaze
EarthBound Forever
Jaydi Blaze

It can be deleted if I get rid of TrustedInstaller though and that's what I'm trying to do. IE just takes up space, and it's not like the computer will explode is I delete it, but TrustedInstaller is such a dictator so I can't delete it. :/
What part of 'it's the process used by windows to install updates' don't you understand? You can't (and shouldn't) remove stuff your computer needs to install system updates.
Just disable it through the windows feature thingy. I swear I already posted this.
EarthBound Forever
Jaydi Blaze
EarthBound Forever
Jaydi Blaze

It can be deleted if I get rid of TrustedInstaller though and that's what I'm trying to do. IE just takes up space, and it's not like the computer will explode is I delete it, but TrustedInstaller is such a dictator so I can't delete it. :/
Well, if you get rid of it, any programs that use the trident layout engine (the main part of IE) will not function, so things that use it to connect (like most virus protection software suites, games, messengers, email clients, etc) will no longer be able to connect.

As Disco (lol) pointed out, just disable it through the windows feature thingy. that's the only safe way to remove it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff